1. What was from the beginning what we have heared, what we have seen with our eyes, what we saw and our hands grasped. Concerning the word of life.
2. And the life was manifested and we have seen and we testify and we proclaim to you the eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us.
3. What we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you in order that also you may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is even with the Father and with His son Jesus Christ.
4. And these things we write in order that our joy may be fulfilled.***
5. And this is the announcement which we have heard from Him and proclaim to you, that God is light and there is no darkness in Him at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and we walk in the darkness, we lie and we do not perform the truth.
7. If we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus, His Son, cleanses us from all sin.
8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous that He may forgive us our sins and cleanse us from every wicked deed.
10. If we say that we have not sined, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.