1. James, a slave of God and our Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes, those in the diaspora, greetings.***
2. Regard it all joy, my brothers when various trials embrace you.
3. Knowing that the means of testing your faith achieves endurance. ***
4. And let endurance have its completed work that you may be complete and whole lacking in nothing.
5. But if anyone of you lacks wisdom, let him ask from the One who gives to all simply, God, and [He does so] without criticizing. And it will be given to him.
6. And let him ask in faith not doubting. For the one who is doubting seems like a wave of the sea being driven by the wind and being blown about.***
7. For let that man not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord.
8. He is a double-minded man, a vacillating man in all his ways.***
9. But let the brother in his low condition boast in his grandeur.
10. And let the rich man glory in his low position because as the bloom of grass he will pass away.
11. For the sun rises with a burning heat and dries up the grass, and it's bloom falls off and the comeliness of its countenance is destroyed. So also the rich man in his journeys will go out like dying embers.
12. Blessed is the man who endures under trial because being examined properly, he will receive the crown of life which was promised to those who love Him.***
13. Let nobody say as he is being tempted, "I am tempted by God." For God is untemptable from evil and He Himself tempts nobody.
14. But each one is tempted by his own lust when he is drawn away and entrapped.
15. Then lust becomes pregnant and gives birth to sin. And then sin comes to term and delivers its child, death.***
16. Do not be led astray my beloved brethren.
17. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above which comes down from the Father of lights, [and the light]from Him has no change [in its power and intensity] or a turn of shadow.
18. After deciding, He birthed us with the word of truth to the result that we would be some first fruits of His creation.
19. You know this, my beloved brethren, but let every man be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
20. For the wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God.
21. On which account putting off all filthiness and excess of evil, in gentleness receive the word implanted which is able to save your souls.
22. But be workers of the word and not only hearers who mislead themselves.***
23. Because if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a worker, this one seems like a man considering the creation of his face in a mirror.***
24. For he studied himself and has gone away and immediately forgotten what sort of [person] he was.
25. But the one who examines carefully at the perfect law, that law of liberty and remains in it not becoming a forgetful hearer, but is a worker who works, this one will be blessed in his work.***
26. If anyone seems to be religious and does not put a bridle on his tongue, but deceives his heart, his religion is worthless.
27. Clean and unstained religion with our God and Father is this: to examine with the purpose of helping orphans and widows in their affliction, to keep oneself spotless from the world.***