1. Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus and our brother Timothy, to beloved Philemon and our fellow worker.
2. And to Apfia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier and to the-in-your-house-church.
3. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I give thanks to my God always making mention of you in my prayers.
5. Hearing of your love and faith, which you have with the Lord Jesus and to all the saints.
6. Just as the fellowship of your faith may become active in the true knowledge of all good which is in us in Christ.
7. For I had much joy and encouragement in your love, because the tender mercies of the saints have been refreshed through you, brother.
8. For this reason having much boldness in Christ to command you what is fitting,
9. because of love rather I encourage you, such a one as Paul the elder and now also a prisoner of Christ Jesus.
10. I encourage you concerning my child, whom I begat in my chains, Onesimus.
11. He was at one time to you useless, but now to you and to me he is useful.
12. He whom I sent back to you, this one is my tender mercies [or, my dearest heart].
13. Whom I desired to keep with myself in order that on your behalf he may minister to me in my chains of the Gospel.
14. But without your knowledge I was not willing to do this, in order that your good may not be done according to necessity, but according to your choice.
15. Perhaps, for this reason he was separated for a time, that that you may receive him back forever.
16. No longer as a slave, but beyond a slave, a beloved brother, especially to me, but how much rather also to you in the flesh and in the Lord.
17. Therefore, if you have fellowship with me, receive him as you would me.
18. But if he wronged you in any way or owes something, charge this to my account.
19. I Paul wrote in my own hand, I will repay. In order that I may not say to you that also you owe yourself to me.
20. Yes brother, may I benefit you in the Lord. Refresh my tender very heart in Christ***
21. Being convinced in your listening to me I wrote to you. Knowing that also on behalf of these things which I say you will do.
22. But at the same time, prepare for me a guest room. For I hope that through your prayers I will be granted to you.
23. Epaphras greets you, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus.
24. Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, Luke my fellow workers [greet you].
25. Grace from the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.