1. Paul, slave of God, and Apostle of Jesus Christ according to the faith of the elect of God and according to the true knowledge of the truth according to godliness.
2. on the hope of eternal life which God Himself Who cannot lie promised before the ages of time.
3. But God revealed in their own [good] seasons His word in the proclamation, of which I was entrusted according to the command of our Savior God.
4. To Titus, my true child according to a common faith, grace and peace from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Savior.
5. For this reason I left you in Crete, in order to set in order what things remain and that you may appoint elders according to each city as I commanded you.
6. If anyone is above reproach, a man of one woman, having believing children, not [having] an accusation of loose living or unruliness.
7. For it is necessary for the bishop to be blameless as the house steward of God, not obstinate in one's opinions, not an angry man, not one who spends a lot of time with wine, not a giver of blows, not a lover of wretched gain,
8. but hospitable, a lover of what is good, temperate, righteous, holy, self-controlled,
9. Holding to the word according to the teaching of faith, in order that he may be able also to encourage in sound teaching and to reprove also those speaking contrary [to the faith].
10. For there are many unruly men, worthless talkers and deceivers, especially those from the circumcision.
11. Whom it is necessary to silence, who are upsetting whole families teaching things which shouldn't [be taught] on account of wretched gain.
12. One of their own prophets said, "Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, idle stomachs."
13. This testimony is true. For this reason reprove them severely so that they will be sound in the faith.
14. Not occupying your minds to Jewish myths and command of men turning away from the truth.
15. All things are pure to the pure, but to those who have been defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure, but they pollute both their mind and their conscience.
16. They confess to know God, but by their works they deny it. They are detestable and disobedient unapproved with every good work.