1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He was in the beginning with God.
3. Through Him all things came about and without Him not one thing came about which has come about.
4. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
6. There came a man, being sent from God, his name was John.
7. He came for a witness that he may testify concerning the light, that all may believe through him.
8. He was not the light, but only that he may testify concerning the light.
9. There was the true light which illuminates every man, coming into the world.
10. He was in the world and the world came about through Him and the world did not know Him.
11. He came to His own and His own did not receive Him.
12. But as many as received Him, He gave to them the authority to become children of God, to those who believe on His name.
13. Those not born from blood nor from the will of the flesh, nor from the will of man, but from God.
14. And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as the Only-begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15. John testifies concerning Him, and cried out saying, "This was Whom I said, 'The One coming after me has existed before me, because He was before me.'"
16. Because from His fullness we all received and grace on top of grace.
17. Because the Law was given through Moses, grace and truth came about through Jesus Christ.
18. No man has seen God ever, the Only-begotten God Who is in the bosom of the Father, That one has explained Him.
19. And this is the testimony of John when the Jews sent to him from Jerusalem priests and Levites to ask him, "Who are you?"
20. And he confessed and did not deny and he confessed, "I am not the Christ."
21. And they answered him, "What then? Are you Elijah?"
And he says, "I am not."
"Are you the prophet?"
And he answered, "No."
22. They said therefore to him, "Who are you, so that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?"
23. He said, "I am a voice of one crying in the wilderness, make straight the way of the Lord," (Isaiah 40:3) just as Isaiah the prophet said.
24. And they were sent from the Pharisees.
25. And they asked him and said to him, "Why therefore do you baptize if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah nor the prophet?"
26. John answered them, saying, "I baptize in water, among you stands He Whom you do not know."
27. "The one coming after me, of Whom I am not worthy that I may loose his shoelace from his sandal."
28. These things came about in Bethany, beyond the Jordan where John was baptizing.
29. On the next day, he sees Jesus coming to him and says, "Look, the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world."
30. This is the one concerning Whom I said, "After me comes a man Who existed before me because He was before me."
31. And I did not know Him, but that he may be manifested to Israel, for this reason I cam baptizing in water.
32. And John testified saying, "I saw the Spirit descending as a dove from heaven and He was remaining on Him."
33. "And I did not know Him, but the One Who sent me to baptize in water, He said to me, "On Whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining on Him, This is the One baptizing in the Holy Spirit."
34. "And I have seen and I have testified that This is the Son of God."
35. Again on the next day John had stood also from two of his disciples.
36. And seeing Jesus walking he says, "Behold, the Lamb of God."
37. And his two disciples heard him as he was speaking and they followed Jesus.
38. And Jesus, turning around and beholding them following [Him] says to them, "What do you seek?" And they said to Him, "Rabbi (which is translated 'teacher') where are you staying?"
39. He says to them, "Come and you will see." They came therefore and saw where He was staying and remained with Him that day. (It was 10am Tempus Romae).
40. Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, was one of the two disciples who heard [John declare Jesus to be the Lamb of God] beside John and followed Him.
41. This one first finds his own brother Simon and says to him, "We have found the Messiah (which is translated Christ)."
42. He led him to Jesus. Jesus beholding him said, "You are Simon the son of John, you will be called Kayfas, which is interpreted Peter (which is translated to Americans stone).
43. On the next day He desired to go into Galilee and He finds Philipp. And Jesus says to him, "Follow me."
44. And Philipp was from Bethsaida, from the city of Andrew and Peter.
45. Philipp finds Nathaniel and says to him, "We have found the One Whom Moses wrote in the Law and the Prophets [wrote], Jesus, the son of Joseph Who is from Nazareth.
46. And Nathaniel said to him, "Is it possible for anything good to be from Nazareth?" Philipp says to him, "Come and see." (These are the same words that Jesus said to Andrew and the other disciple of John (probably John))
47. Jesus saw Nathaniel coming to Him and says concerning him, "Behold, truly an Israelite in whom there is no guile."
48. Nathaniel says to Him, "From where do You know me?" Jesus answered and said to him, "Before Philipp was [there] to call you, under the fig tree I saw you.
49. Nathaniel answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God, You are the King of Israel."
50. Jesus answered and said to him, "Because I said to you that I saw you underneath the fig tree, you believe? You will see greater [things] than these.
51. And He says to him, "Truly, truly I say to you, yall will see the heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of man."