1. The beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ [the Son of God].
2. Just as it has been written in Isaiah the prophet, "Behold I am sending my messenger before you, he who will prepare Your way;
3. a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'Prepare the way of the Lord, make His footpaths straight.'"
4. John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
5. And all the district of Judea was going out to him and all those in Jerusalem. And they were being baptized by him in the Jordan river, confessing their own sins.
6. And John was [in the habit] of wearing camel hair and a belt made of leather around his waist and eating locusts and field honey.
7. And he preached, saying, "The One Who is stronger than I is coming after me, of Whom I am not worthy stooping down to loose the strap of his sandals.
8. I baptized you with water, but He will baptize you in the Holy Spirit."
9. And it happened in those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and he was baptized in the Jordan by John.
10. And immediately coming out of the water, he saw the heavens splitting apart and the Spirit as a dove descending to Him.
11. And a voice came [some late manuscripts say 'a voice was heard'] from the heavens, "You are MY BELOVED SON, in You, I am well-pleased."
12. And immediately the Spirit drives him into the wilderness.
13. And He was in the wilderness 40 days being tempted by Satan, and He was with the wild beasts, and the angels were ministering to Him.
14. But with John being handed over, Jesus went to Galilee preaching the Gospel of God.
15. And saying, "The time has been fulfilled and the Kingdom of God has drawn near, repent and believe in the Gospel!"
16. And going along the sea of Galilee He saw Simon and Andrew, the brother of Simon both casting nets into the sea, for they were fisherman.
17. And Jesus said to them, "Come after me, and I shall make you to become fishers of men."
18. And immediately leaving their nets, they followed Him.
19. And going on a little further, He saw James, the son of Zebedee, and John, his brother, [all of] these were in their boat preparing their nets [for the next day of fishing].
20. And immediately He called them. And leaving their father Zebedee in their boat with the hired helpers, they went after Him.
21. And they proceeded into Capernaum. And Immediately on the sabbath (plural) going into the synagogue, He was teaching.
22. And they were amazed at His teaching. For He was One teaching them as One having authority and not as the scribes.
23. And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit and he cried out.
24. He was saying, "What do You have to do with us, Jesus, the Nazarene; did You come to destroy us? I know who You are, the Holy One of God."
25. And Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Muzzle it and come out of him."
26. And shaking him and crying out, the unclean spirit came out of him with a great shout.
27. And all were amazed with the result they discussed this with themselves saying, "What is this? A new teaching with authority? And He commands the unclean spirits and they listen to Him?"
28. And the report of Him went out immediately everywhere to the whole region around Galilee.
29. And immediately going out of the synagogue, they went into the house of Simon and Andrew along with James and John.
30. But the mother-in-law of Simon was lying down suffering with a fever, and immediately they spoke to Him concerning her.
31. And approaching, He raised her taking her hand. And the fever left her, and she was serving them.
32. And as evening came, when the sun went down, they carried to Him all those who had it in a bad way and those who had demons.
33. And the whole city was congregated at the door.
34. And He healed many who had it in a bad way with various diseases and he cast out all the demons. And he was not permitting the demons to speak, because they knew Him.
35. And very early at night He went out and left into the wilderness, and He was praying there.
36. And Simon tracked Him down and those with him,
37. And they found Him and they say to him, "All are seeking You."
38. And He says to them, "Let us go somewhere else into the neighboring little villages, in order that I shall preach there also. For this is reason I came."
39. And He went preaching in their synagogues, into all Galilee and casting out demons.
40. And a leper comes to Him begging Him [some old manuscripts have 'and falling on his knees'] and saying to Him, "If You are willing, You are able to make me clean."
41. And being filled with compassion, He grabbed him, stretching out his hand and says to him, "I desire [it], be clean."
42. And immediately the leper went out from Him and was cleansed.
43. And admonishing him urgently immediately He sent him out.
44. And he says to him, "Look, say nothing to no one, but depart [and] show yourself to the priest and offer concerning your purification which Moses commanded for a witness to them."
45. And he went out [and] began to preach everything and to speak out the account, so that He was no longer able to go into the city openly, but He was out in the desolate places. And they began [to come] to Him from all places.