1. My little children, these things I write to you that you may not sin, and if anyone sins, we have the Paraclete with the Father, Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
2. And He Himself is that which takes away sin concerning our sins, and not concerning our sins only, but also concerning [those] of the whole world.
3. And in this we know that we have known Him. If we keep His commands.
4. The one who says, "I have known Him," and does not keep His commands is a liar and the truth is not in him.
5. But whoever keeps His word, truly in him the love of God has been completed. In this we know that we are in Him.
6. The one who says that he remains in Him, he himself should walk also as That One walked.
7. Beloved ones, I do not write to you a new command, but an old command which you had from the beginning. The old command is the word which you heard.***
8. Again, I do write a new command to you, which is true in Him and in you, that darkness is passing away and the true light already shines.
9. The one who says he is in the light and hates his brother is in the darkness until this moment.
10. The one who loves his brother remains in the light and there is no snare in him.
11. But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness and does not know where he goes because the darkness blinded his eyes.
12. I write to you little children because your sins are forgiven you because of His name.
13. I write to you fathers because you knew Him from the beginning.
I write to you young men because you have conquered the evil one.
14. I write to you children because you knew the Father.
I wrote to you fathers because you knew Him from the beginning.
I wrote to you young men because you are strong and the word of God remains in you and you have conquered the evil one.
15. Do not love the world neither the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16. Because all that is in the world, the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the false pretense of life is not from the Father,b ut is from the world.
17. And the world is passing away and the desire of it. But the one who does the will of God remains forever.
18. Little children, it is the last hour and just as you knew that the antichrist comes, even now many antichrists have come about, from this we know that it is the last hour.
19. They went out from us but they were not from us, for if they were from us they would have remained with us--but that they may be shown that they are not all from us.
20. And you have an annointing from the Holy One and you all know.***
21. I did not write to you because you don't know the truth, but because you do know it and because every lie is not from the truth.
22. Who is the liar, but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ. This is the antichrist the one who denies the Father and the Son.***
23. Each one who denies the Son neither has the Father. The one who confesses the Son has also the Father.
24. That which you knew from the beginning, let it remain in you. If what which you heard from the beginning remains in you will remain in the Son and in the Father.
25. And this is the announcement which He himself proclaimed to us, eternal life.
26. These things I wrote to you concerning those deceiving you.
27. And the annointing which you received from Him remains in you and you have no need that anyone may teach you but just as His annointing teaches you concerning all things (and is true and is not a lie also just as it taught you) remain in Him.
28. And now little children remain in Him in order that if He is manifest, we may have openness and that we may not be ashamed by Him at His appearing.***
29. If you know that He is righteous, we know that also each one who does righteousness is born from Him.