Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1. Look at what a great love the Father has given to us that we would be called the children of God, and we are. For this reason the world does not know us because it did not know Him.
2. Beloved now we are children of God and not yet was it revealed what we shall be. We know that if He is revealed we shall be like Him because we shall see Him just as He is.
3. And each one who has this hope in Him sanctifies himself just as That One is holy.
4. Each one who practices sin also practices lawlessness and sin is lawlessness.
5. And you know that That was was revealed in order that He may take away sin, and there is no sin in Him.
6. Each one who remains in Him does not sin. Each one who sins has not seen Him neither has known Him.
7. Children, let no one deceive you. The one who practices righteousness is righteous just as That One is righteous.
8. THe one who practices sin is from the devil because the devil sins from the beginning. For this the Son of God was revealed in order that He may loose the works of the devil.
9. Each one who is born from God doesn not sin because His seed remains in him and he is not able to sin because he is born from God.
10. In this the children of God and the children of the devil are clear. Each one who does not practice righteousness is not from God, also the one who does not love his brother.
11. Because this is the announcement which you heard from the beginning that we should love one another.
12. Not like Cain who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And on account of what did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother's works were righteous.
13. And do not marvel brethren if the world hates you.
14. We know that we have been transferred from death to life because we love the brethren. The one who doesn not love [his brother] remains in death.
15. Each one who hates his brother is a mankiller. And we know that every mankiller does not have eternal live remaining in him.
16. In this we have known His love because That One laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17. And whoever has the substance of the world and sees his brother having a need and closes his tender mercies from him, how does the love of God remain in him?***
18. Little children, let us not love in word neither in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
19. And in this we shall know that we are from the truth, that we would prevail upon our hearts in view of Him.
20. In whatever our heart condems us because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things.
21. Beloved if our heart doesn't condemn us we have openness with God.
22. And whatever we ask we receive from Him because we keep His commands and do the things pleasing before Him.
23. And this is His command, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ and that we love one another just as He gave the command to us.
24. And the one who keeps His commands remains in Him and He Himself [remains] in him. And in this we know that we remain in Him from the Spirit Whom He gave to us.