1. Beloved, do not believe every spirit but test the spirits if they are from God because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2. In this we know the Spirit of God. Every spirit which confesses Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.
3. And each spirit which does not confess Jesus is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist which we heard that it is coming and is now already in the world.
4. You are all from God and you have overcome them because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
5. They are from the world. For this reason they speak from the world and the works listens to them.
6. We are from God. The one who knows God listens to us. He who is not from God, does not listen to us. From this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit.
7. Beloved we love one another because love is from God and each one who loves has been born from God and knows God.
8. The one who does not love does not know God because God is love.
9. In this the love of God is revealed in us because God sent His only begotten Son into the world that we may live through Him.
10. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He Himself loved us and sent His son to be the proptitiation concerning our sins.
11. Beloved, if God in this way loved us, we also ought to love one another.
12. No one has ever seen God, if we love one another God remains in us and His love has been completed in us.***
13. In this we know that we remain in Him and He [remains] in us because He has given us of His Spirit.
14. And we have seen and we testify that the Father sent His Son to be the Savior of the world.
15. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God remains in him and he [remains] in God.
16. And we have known and have believed the love which God has for us.
God is love and the one who remains in love remains ini God. And God remains in him.
17. In this love is completed with us that we have openness at the day of judgment because just as That One is in this world we are also.
18. There is not fear in love, but complete love throws out fear because fear has chastisement. And the one who fears is not completed in love.
19. We love because He Himself first loved us.
20. If anyone says, "I love God" and hates his brother he is a liar. For the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen is not able to love God Whom he has not seen.***
21. And we have this command from Him that the one who loves God loves also his brother.