1. Each one who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God and each one who loves the One Who has begotten also loves the One born of Him.
2. In this we know that we love the children of God when we love God and do his commands.
3. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commands and His commands are not burdensome.
4. Because each one who has been born of God conquers the world. And this is the victory that conquers the world, our faith.
5. And who is the one who conquers the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
6. This is the One Who comes through water and blood, Jesus Christ. Not in water alone, but in water and also in blood. And the Spirit is the One witnessing because the Spirit is the truth.
7. Because there are three that are witnessing.
8. The Spirit and the water and the blood and the three are in unity.
9. If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater because this is the testimony of God, that He has testified concerning His Son.
10. The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in him. The one who does not believe in God, has made Him a liar because he has not believed in the testimony which God has testified concerning His Son.
11. And this is the testimony that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son.
12. The one who has the Son has the life. The one who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.
13. These things I wrote to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to those who believe in the name of the Son of God.
14. And this is the openness which we have with Him, that whatever we ask according to His will, He hears us.
15. And if we know that He hears us whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we asked of Him.
16. If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin not to death, let him ask and he will give to him life, to those sinning not to death. There is a sin to death, not concerning that do I say that you may ask.
17. Every unlawless deed is sin and there is a sin not to death.
18. We know that everyone who has been born of God does not sin, but the one who has been born of God keeps himself and the evil one does not lay hold of him.
19. We know that we are from God and the whole world lies in the [hands of] the evil one.
20. And we know that the Son of God has come and has given to us understanding that we know the truth. And we are in the truth and in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
21. Little children, guard yourselves from idols.