1. Paul and Silvanus [NOTE: this is a very Roman name, it means from the forest.] and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ
2. We are thankful to God always concerning you making remembrance in all our prayers without interruption.
3. Calling to mind your work of faith and your labor of love and your perseverance of hope of the Lord Jesus Christ before our God and Father.
4. Knowing his choice of you, beloved brothers from God.
5. Because our Gospel did not come about to you in word alone, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and in much confidence, just as you know such as we became among you because of you.
6. And you, be imitators of us and of the Lord, having welcomed the word in much tribulation with joy of the Holy Spirit.
7. So that you became an example to all those who believe in Macedonia and in Achaia.
8. For from you the word of the Lord came not only in Macedonia and in Achaia, but in every place your faith has come which is with God, so that we have no need to speak anything.
9. For they themselves reported concerning us what such entrance we had with you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.
10. And [you turned] to wait for His son from the heavens, Whom He raised from the dead, Jesus, the One rescued us from the wrath which is coming.