Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1. For this reason no longer concealing, we are well-pleased to be left behind in Athens alone.
2. And we sent Timothy, our brother and fellow worker of God in the Gospel of Christ to strengthen and encourage you on behalf of your faith.
3. So that no one be shaken like a dog's tail with these tribulations. For you yourselves know that we are laid to this purpose.
4. For also when we were present with you, we told you this ahead of time that we were about to be afflicted, just as also it came about and you know it.
5. For this reason I also concealing it no longer, I sent to know about your faith, how the one who tempts tempted you and our labor may be in vain.
6. But until Timothy came to us from you and shared the good news [NOTE: Even though this is the word to spread the Gospel, it seems to be used in a general sense here, 'to share good news.'] with us about your faith and love and because you always have our good remembrance, longing to see us just as also we long for you.
7. For this reason we were encouraged, brothers, because of you in our every necessity and affliction because of your faith.
8. Because now we live if you stand in the Lord.
9. For we were strengthened in God to render what thanks concerning you because of every joy to which we rejoice because of you before our God,
10. night and day overflowing exceedingly praying to see your face and to be joined together the short-comings of your faith?
11. But may our God Himself and our Father and our Lord Jesus to make straight our way to you,
12. and may the Lord make you increase and overflow in love to one another and to all men just as also we [overflow and abound] to you.
13. To establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father in coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints, amen.