Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1. Therefore finally, brothers, we ask you and exhort you in the Lord Jesus that just as you received from me how it is necessary for you to walk and to please God, and just as you walk, so may you abound all the more.
2. For you know what commands we gave to you through the Lord Jesus.
3. For this is the will of God, your sanctification, that you abstain from sexual sin.
4. Each one of you to know how to acquire his own vessel in sanctification and honor.
5. Not in the passion of lust just like also the Gentiles who don't know God.
6. Not going beyond and to defraud his brother in the matter, because the Lord is the avenger concerning all these things just as also we spoke to you before and solemnly warned you.
7. For God did not call us for impurity but in sanctification.
8. For that very reason the one who rejects this rejects not man but God Who gives His Holy Spirit to you.
9. But concerning brotherly love, you have no need [for me] to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another.
10. For also you do the same for all the brothers in all of Macedonia, but we encourage you brothers to abound all the more.
11. And to strive eagerly to live a quiet life and to do your own stuff and to work with your own hands, just as also we commanded you.
12. So that you walk becomingly with those outside and that you may not have a need.
13. But we do not want you to be ignorant brothers, concerning those falling asleep, lest you grieve just as also the rest who have no hope.
14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, so too also God through Jesus will lead those who were fallen asleep along with Him.
15. For this we speak to you by the word of the Lord, that those of us living who are left at the Lord's appearing we will not at all go before those who have fallen asleep.
16. Because the Lord Himself with a shout, with the voice of an archangel and with the trumpet of God will descend from heaven and the dead in CHrist will rise first.
17. Then those of us living who are left at the same time with them will be snatched up in the clouds to a meeting of the Lord in the air. And so that always we will be with the Lord.
18. So then encourage one another with these words.