Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1. Therefore, I encourage you first of all things to be making requests, prayers, petitions and thanksgivings on behalf of all men.
2. on behalf of kings and all those who are in a prominent position, that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and gravity.
3. This is good and acceptable before God our Savior.
4. Who desires all men to be saved and to come to a true knowledge of the truth.
5. For there is one God and one mediator of God and men, the Man, Jesus Christ.
6. The One who gave Himself as a Ransom on the behalf of all, a witness in their own good time [NOTE: I believe this last phrase is like Ephesians 1:10].
7. to which I was placed as a preacher and Apostle, I speak the truth I do not lie, a teacher of the gentiles by faith and truth.
8. Therefore, I desire that men in every place lift up holy hands without anger and debate.
9. Likewise [also] women are to order themselves in well-ordered clothing with modesty and temperance, not with elaborate braids and gold or pearls or with excessively costly garments.
10. But whatever is proper for those women professing to be godfearing, [UNDERSTOOD: they should be adorned] through good works.
11. Let a woman be silent in all submission.
12. And I do not allow a woman to teach, neither to exercise authority over a man, but to be silent.
13. For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
14. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman, being completely deceived, transgressed.
15. But they will be kept safe through the bearing of children if they remain in faith and love and sanctification with temperance.