1. But the Spirit expressly says that in the latter seasons, some men will go away from the faith, occupying their minds with deceiving spirits and teachings of demons.
2. speaking falsehood in hypocrisy, having branded their own consciences,
3. forbidding [the blessing] to marry, to abstain from foods, which God created to be shared with thanksgiving to the faithful and to those who know the truth.
4. Because each created thing of God is good and nothing is [to be] rejected being received with thanksgiving.
5. For through the word of God and prayer it is made holy.
6. You will be a good servant of Christ Jesus as you bring these things before the brothers. Being nourished in the words of the faith and of good teaching which you have been following.
7. But avoid profane tales and the tales of old women. And exercise your body with godliness.
8. For bodily exercise is profitable to a small degree, but godliness is profitable in all things, having the promise of life which is both for the present and also to come.
9. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance.
10. For this reason we labor and struggle, that we have hoped in the living God, who is the Savior of all men most certainly of the faithful.
11. Command these things and teach [them].
12. Let no one despise your youth, but be an example of faithfulness in word, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
13. Until I come occupy your mind in reading, in encouragement, in teaching.
14. Do not neglect the gift which is in you, which was given to you through prophesy with the laying on of hands of an elder.
15. Practice these things, be in these things, that your advance may be manifest to all.
16. Fix your attention on yourself even in your teaching, continue in these things. For in doing this you will also save yourself and those hearing you.