Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1. As many as are slaves, under this yoke, let them consider their own masters as worth of every honor, lest they blaspheme the name of God and His teaching.
2. But those having faithful masters let them not despise them because they are brothers, but let them serve even better because they are believers and beloved, [let them be] those who devote themselves to good service. Teach and exhort these things.
3. If anyone teaches something else and does not approach the sound teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ and in the teaching which is according to godliness,
4. being blind, being those who are ignorant, and being sick [metaphorical] concerning speculation and word battles from which come envy, strife, blasphemy and evil conjectures.
5. With constant arguing, the mind of corrupted men and those deprived of the truth, being accustomed that godliness is a means of getting gain [money].
6. But godliness is a means of great gain with self-contentment.
7. For we did not bring anything into the world and clearly we are not able to take anything out of it.
8. But having food and clothing, with these we will be content.
9. But those desiring to get rich fall into the temptation and snare [of the devil] and many irrational desires and harmful things, these which drag men to the bottom [of the sea] to their destruction and ruin.
10. For the root of all evil is the love of money, which some reaching out towards and went astray from the faith and they impale themselves with many griefs.
11. But you O man of God, flee from these things. And pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness.
12. Struggle in the good wrestling match of faith. Lay hold of eternal life to which you were called and confessed the the good confession before many witnesses.
13. I command you before God Who gives all things life and Christ Jesus who testified at Pontius Pilate the good confession.
14. to keep the command yourself [that it may be] without spot and blameless until the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15. Which [the revealing] the Blessed One will show in their own good seasons and the only Sovereign One, the King of those being kings, and Lord of those being lords [NOTE: personally I think the verbs here 'King (noun) of those being kings (verb)' are used so that it is stressed they really aren't real lords or kings. They simply have that role on earth now.].
16. The One Who alone has immortality, dwelling in inapproachable light, which [light] no men have seen nor are able to see. To Whom be honor and power forever amen!
17. Command the rich guys in the present age not to think themselves too high nor to have placed their hope in uncertain riches but on God Who grants to us all things richly to enjoyment.
18. to do good, to be rich in good works, to be good givers, sharers.
19. Amassing for themselves a good foundation to that which is to come, in order that they may take hold of the true life.
20. O Timothy, guard the deposit turning away from profane and vain chatter and things set against that which is falsely named knowledge.
21. Which some profess, they missed the mark concerning the faith. Grace be with you all.