1. Paul and Silvanus and Timothy to the church at Thessalonica in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and Lord Jesus Christ.
3. We ought to give thanks to God always concerning you, brothers, just as it is deserved because your faith is growing abundantly and the love of each one of you all is growing.
4. So that we ourselves boast in you in the churches of God for your perseverance and faith in all your persecutions and in your tribulations in which you endure.
5. [This is] evidence of the righteous judgment of God that you were considered worthy of the kingdom of God on behalf of that which even you suffer.
6. If it is right for God to give back affliction to those afflicting you.
7. And [to give back] to you, those being afflicted, with relaxation along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with His powerful angels
8. in the fire of a flame, giving vengeance to those who do not know God and to those not listening to the Gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9. Who will suffer punishment, eternal ruination away from the face of the Lord and from the glory of His strength.
10. When He comes in order to be glorified among His holy ones and to be marvelled in that day among all those who believe because our the testimony was believed by you.
11. In which also we are praying always concerning you that our God may consider you worthy of your calling and may fulfil every desire of goodness and work of faith in power.
12. So that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified among you and you in Him according to the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ.