1. Paul, an Apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus.
2. To beloved child Timothy, grace, mercy and peace from God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.
3. I give thanks to God, to Whom I serve from my fathers with a clean conscience--it is just as unceasing. I have remembrance concerning you in my supplications night and day.
4. Being convinced to see you, having been reminded of your tears that I may fulfill my joy.
5. Receiving a reminder of your unhypocritical faith in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice. And I am persuaded it is in you also.
6. Through which reason I am reminded to stir up the embers of your gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
7. For God did not give to you a spirit of cowardice, but of power and of love and of sobriety.
8. Therefore do not be ashaed of the testimony of our Lord, either me, His prisoner, but suffer hardship together [with me] in the Gospel according to the power of God.
9. Who saved us and called us to a holy calling, which is not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which He gave to us in Christ Jesus before the ages of time.
10. But now they are made know through the appearance of our Savior Christ Jesus, Who on the one hand annulled death, and on the other illuminated life and immortality through the Gospel.
11. To which I was setup as a preacher and Apostle and teacher.
12. Through which reason also I suffer all things, but I am not ashamed, for I know in Whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard my deposit until that day.
13. Hold to the example of sound words of which you heard from me in the faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
14. Guard the good deposit through the Holy Spirit Who dwells in us.
15. Knowing this, that all turned away from me those in Asia, some of whom are Phygelus and Hermogenes.
16. May the Lord give mercy to the house of Onesiphorus because many times he refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chain.
17. But came to Rome, eagerly he sought and found me.
18. May the Lord give to him to find mercy from the Lord in that day. And as much as he ministered in Ephesus you know this even better.