Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1. But know this, that in the last days hard times will come.
2. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3. without familial love, those who refuse to be reconciled, devils [slanderers], without self-control, savage, not lovers of what is good,
4. traitors, reckless, puffed up losers, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.
5. Having a form of godliness but having denied its power, and avoid these guys.
6. For from these [examples of evil men] are those who creep into the houses also of little women being captive burdened down with sins, led into many kinds of desires.
7. Always learning and never being able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8. But in which manner Janes and Jambres stood against Moses, so also these stand against the truth, men being corrupt in their mind, unapproved concerning the truth.
9. But they will not advance much. For their ignorance will become wicked clear to all, just as also the ignorance of those listed above.
10. But as you followed along with me in my teaching, in my manner of life, in my purpose, in my faith, in my long-suffering [attitude], in my love, in my perseverance,
11. in my persecutions, in my sufferings, the kind which happened at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra, such persecutions I endured and the Lord rescued me from all of them.
12. But even all those desiring to live in a godly manner will be persecuted in Christ Jesus.
13. But wicked men and sorcerers [swindlers] will advance to that which is worse, those who deceive and those being deceived.
14. But you, remain in those which which you learned and of which you became convinced, knowing those from whom you learned it.
15. And because from childhood knowing the sacred writings, those things which are able to make you wise to salvation through the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. Every scripture is inspired by God and profitable with teaching, with reproving, with correction, with training which is in righteousness,
17. in order that the man of God may be sufficient being full furnished with every good work.