1. I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, the One who is about to come to judge the living and the dead, [VARIANT CHOICE] according to His appearing and His kingdom.
2. Preach the word, be ready at a good time and at a bad time, reprove, rebuke, encourage in all long-suffering and teaching.
3. For a time will come when they will endure sound teaching but according to their own desires they will pile up for themselves teachers being tickled by their hearing.
4. And some will turn aside their hearing from the truth and other will turn aside to myths.
5. But you, be sober in all things, suffer hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your teaching.
6. For I am already being poured out as a drink offering [NOTE: this is done all through Homer, you would see people praying to the gods and then pouring out to them. For example, when Telemachus visits Menelaos they do it.], and the season of my departure has been at hand.
7. I have struggled in the good wrestling match I have run the good race, I have kept the faith.
8. Finally the crown of righteousness is laid up for me which the Lord will give to me in that day, the righteous Judge, but not only to me, but also to all those who have loved his appearing.
9. Be diligent to come to me quickly.
10. For Demas abandoned me, having loved this present age and has gone into Thessalonica, Kreskes [has gone] into Galatia, Titus [has gone] into Dalmatia.
11. Luke is only with me. Picking up Mark, bring him with you, for he is useful to me for service.
12. But I sent Tychichus to Ephesus.
13. My cloak which I left in Troas with Karpus, when you come, bring it and bring the books especially the parchments [NOTE: Most likely talking about vellum, portions that he had of the OT].
14. Alexander the coppersmith has shown many evils to me, the Lord will pay back to him according to his works.
15. Against whom you should also guard yourself, for he was exceedingly against our words.
16. At my first defense no one stood up for me, but all deserted me. May it not be accounted to them.
17. But the Lord stood beside me and made me strong that through me the proclaimation may be fulfilled and all the gentiles will hear, and I was rescued from the mouth of the lion.
18. The Lord will rescue me from every evil work and He will preserve me to His heavenly kingdom. To Whom be the glory forever and ever, amen!