1. The elder to the beloved Gaius whom I love in truth.
2. Beloved, I want you to get along well and to be well in all respects as your soul gets along well.
3. For I was rejoicing exceedingly when the brothers coming and testifying to your truth i.e. you walk in truth.***
4. I have no greater-better joy than this, that I hear my children walking in the truth.
5. Beloved you are performing your faith in whatever you work among the brethren and this [you do to those as] strangers.
6. Those testified about your love before the church whom you will do well sending them worthily of God.
7. For on behalf of the Name they were sent out taking nothing from the Gentiles.***
8. Therefore we ought to support such as these in order that we become fellow workers in the truth.***
9. I wrote something to the church, but Diotrephes the one who loves to be first among them does not accept us.
10. For this reason if I come, I will call to memory his deeds which he does in evil speech, saying worthless things about us and not being satisfied in these things, he himself doesn't receive the brethren and forbids those who desire [to receive them] and throws them out from the church.
11. Beloved, do not remember the evil, but the good. THe one who does good is from God. THe one who does evil has not seen God.
12. Demetrius has been witnessed by all and from the truth itself and also we testify and you know that our testimony is true.
13. I had many things to write to you, but I do not desire to write to you through ink and reed.***
14. But I hope immediately to see you and we shall speak mouth to mouth.***
15. Peace to you. The friends greet you. Greet your friends [for me?] by name.