1. Remind them to be in submission to rulers, to authorities to be obedient to be prepared to every good work.
2. [remind them] not to blaspheme, to be ones who don't fight, to be fair, showing forth all meekness with all men.
3. For we were at one time also ignorant, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to lusts and all kinds of pleasures, in evil and pursuing envy, hateful, hating one another.
4. But when the generosity and the love of mankind of our God and Savior appeared,
5. not from the works of those in righteousness which we did but according to His mercy, He saved us through the rebirth of a bath and the renewing of the Holy Spirit.
6. Who poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ of our Savior.
7. So that, being justified by His grace, we may be made heirs according to the living hope.
8. This is a faithful word, "And concerning these things I counsel you to speak confidently that those who have believed in God may give heed to busy themselves with good works. These things are good and profitable for men.
9. But turn aside from foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and legal battles. For they are useless and worthless.
10. Avoid a heretical man with a first and second admonition.
11. Seeing that such a one has turned aside and is sinning being self-condemned.
12. When I send Artemas to you or Tychichus, be diligent to come to me at Nikopolis. For there I have decided to spend the winter.
13. Speedily send Zenas the lawyer and Apollos that nothing is remaining for them.
14. But let ours learn also to devote themselves to good works to necessary needs that they may not be unfruitful.
15. All those with me greet you. Greet those who love us in the faith. Grace be with you all!