1. For I desire for you to know how great a struggle I have on your behalf, and for all those in Laodicea, and as many as those who have not seen my face in the flesh.
2. In order that their hearts may be encouraged being knit together in love and in all fulness of full assurance in insight, to a true knowledge of the mystery of God, [that is a true knowledge] of Christ.
3. In Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4. This I say, in order that no one may cheat you in persuasive speech.
5. For if I am away [from you] in the flesh, but I am with you in spirit, rejoicing and seeing your orderly arrangement and your firmness of your faith in Christ.
6. Therefore just as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him.
7. Being rooted and being built in Him and being firmly established in faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thankfullness.
8. See that there will be no one who kidnaps you through philosophy and vain deceit according to the betrayal of men, according to the elemental principles of the world and not according to Christ.
9. Because in Him sits all the fullness of the divine in bodily form.
10. You have been filled in the Lord, who is the head of every ruler and authority.
11. In Whom also you were circumcised with a circumcision done without hands in the putting off the body of his flesh, in the circumcision of Christ.
12. Being buried together with Him in baptism, in which also you were raised up through faith of the working of God Who raised Him up from the dead.
13. And you being dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, you being made alive together with Him forgiving us our sins.
14. Having washed the handwriting against us in decrees which was opposed to us, and he took it out of the middle, having nailed it to the cross.
15. Putting off the rulers and authorities, he exposed [them] in boldness, leading them as captives in it [the cross].
16. Therefore let no one just you in food and in drink or in respect to a feast or new moon or sabbath.
17. Which is a shadow of things to come, and [it is] the body of Christ.
18. Let no one render judgement against you, desiring [you?] in the humility and worship of angels, which he has seen entering in, rashly being puffed up from the mind of his flesh.
19. And not holding fast the head, from Whom every body through the ligaments and holding together being furnished and being knit together grows the growth of God [NOTE: Just like Ephesians 4:16, this verse is weird. It seems to say a similar thing about the component parts come together for the mutual growth of the body.]
20. If you died with Christ from the elemental things of the world, why do you subject yourself to decrees like you are living in the world [to the exclusion of Christ].
21. Do not grasp, do not taste, do not touch.
22. Things which are all to a consuming destruction, according to the commandments and teachings of men.
23. Which things are indeed reasonable of wisdom [NOTE: It is possible that an assumed 'de' allows us to say, 'which things are indeed reasonable of wisdom (humanly speaking), but are not.'] in the would-be worship and humility and severity of the body, but have no such worth to the gratification of the flesh.