1. Therefore if you were raised up with Christ, seek the things above, of which Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
2. Think on the things above, not on the things on the earth.
3. For you died and your life is hidden with CHrist in God.
4. When Christ is manifested, Who is your life, at that time also you will be manifested with Him in glory.
5. Therefore put to death your body parts, which are on the earth, [with respect to] evil desire, uncleanness, passion, evil lust, and excessive greed, which is idolatry.
6. Through which things comes the wrath of God on the sons of disobedience.
7. Of which things also you walked at that time when you were living in them.
8. But now you all put off also all these things, quick anger, resentful anger, evil, blasphemy, shameful talk from your mouth.
9. Do not lie to one another, taking off completely the old man with his deeds.
10. And putting on the new one [the new man] which is made new in the true knowledge according to His image of the One who created it [the new man].
11. Wherefore there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, Barbarian, Scythian, slave, free, but Christ is all in all.
12. Therefore as the elect of God, holy ones and beloved, put on temder mercies of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, long-suffering,
13. bearing with one another and giving grace to each other if anyone has cause against someone, just as also the Lord gave grace to you, in this way also you [do the same].
14. But above all these things is love, which is the bond of perfection.
15. And let the peace of Christ arbitrate in your hearts, to which also you were called to one body. And be thankful duders.
16. Let the word of Christ take up residence in you richly [NOTE: It sounds like we are talking about giving the word of Christ an opulent place to reside in us.]. In all wisdom teaching and admonishing each other, in psalms, in hymns, in spiritual songs with the grace of Christ singing in your hearts to God.
17. And let each one of you do whatever thing in word or in deed, all things, in the body of the Lord Jesus, being thankful to God our Father through Him.
18. Women, obey your husbands as it is proper in the Lord.
19. Husbands love your wives and do not be embittered against them.
20. Children, listen to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing in the Lord.
21. Fathers, do not provoke [NOTE: This word is used by Herodotus to ignite/kindle* a spark by bellows.] your children lest they become spiritless [NOTE: Abbott says that being overly severe or unjust with children, this will make them despair.].
22. Slaves, listen to your masters according to the flesh in all things, not in eye-service as man-pleasers, with a single purpose in your heart fearing the Lord.
23. Whatever you do, work diligently from your soul as to the Lord and not to men.
24. Knowing that from the Lord you will receive the trade of your inheritance. Serve as a slave to the Lord Christ [NOTE: Verses 22-24 are talking directly to slaves. This does not mean there are no lessons for us, but it is necessary to interpret these verses with the right contextual understanding. Realize this, when we do not do what verse 23 says, 'to work as to the Lord' with our easy lives, we should feel shame knowing that the original context was to slaves with very hard lives.].
25. For the one who is acting unjustly will bear away for himself that which he wronged and this is not partiality.