1. Therefore, I, the prisoner in the Lord, encourage you to walk in a worthy manner of the calling which you received.
2. With all humility and gentleness, with long-suffering, bearing with one another in love,
3. being diligent to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4. There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling.
5. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism.
6. There is one God and Father of all, Who is over all and through all and in all.
7. But the grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
8. On which account it says, "The one taken up on high took captive captivity [i.e. a body of captives], He gave gifts to men" (Psalm 68:18).
9. But the 'One who went up' is what? Only that also He went down into the lower parts of the earth.
10. The One Himself who went down is also the One who went up high above all the heavens, that He may fill all things.
11. And He Himself gave some Apostles, and others prophets, still others evangelists and others pastors and teachers.
12. To the equipping of the saints to the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ.
13. Until all of us arrive to the unity of the faith and the true knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of maturity of the fullness of Christ.
14. In order that we may no longer be children, driven by waves and carried around by every wind of teaching in the fraud [dice playing] of men, in craftiness, with the scheming of going astray.
15. But speaking the truth in love, let us grow all things with respect to Him, Who is the Head, Christ.
16. From Whom the whole body, being joined and being fitted together through every joint of its supply, according to the working in the measure of each single part, makes [creates] growth of the body to the result of the building up of itself in love.
(NOTE: This verse sucks to translate. Jerome offers little help as he simply renders it plainly into Latin in his vulgate.)
17. Therefore I say this and I testify in the Lord, no longer should you walk, just as also the gentiles walk in the emptiness of their mind.
18. Being darkened in their mind, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance which is in them, through the hardening of their heart.
19. Who being calloused, gave themselves over to unrestrained living to the working of every [kind] of uncleanness in insatiable greed.
20. But you did not learn Christ in this way.
21. If indeed you heard Him and were taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus.
22. That you put off the old man, who is corrupted, according to his former manner of life, according to the lusts of deceit.
23. And that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind.
24. And to put on the new man, the-according-to-God-created-one, in righteousness and holiness of the truth.
25. On which account, putting off lying, "let each one speak the truth with his neighbor" (Zechariah 8:16), because we are parts of one another.
26. "Be angry and do not sin" (Psalm 4:4). Let not the sun go down on your anger.
27. Neither give an opportunity to the devil.
28. The one who steals, let him steal no longer, but rather let him work, working with his own hands what is good, so that he may have, to share with the one who has a need.
29. Let each putrid word from your mouth not come out, but if anything is noble [good] to the building up of the need, so that it may give grace to those hearing.
30. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed to the day of redemption.
31. Let all bitterness and passionate anger and fuming anger and shouting and blasphemy be carried away from you along with all evil.
32. But be useful to one another, tender-hearted, exercising grace to one another just as also God in Christ gave grace to you.