Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1. Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. It is not troublesome for me to write these same things to you, but it is dependable knowledge for you.
2. Look out for dogs, look out for evil workers, look out for the incision.
3. For we are the circumcision, those-in-the-Spirit-of-God-serving and boasting in Christ Jesus and not being convinced in the flesh.
4. Although, [about] myself having confidence even in the flesh, if anyone else thinks [himself] to have confidence in the flesh, I all the more.
5. Circumcised on the eighth day, from the stock of Israel, the tribe of Benjamin, A Hebrew out of Hebrews, according to the Law, a Pharisee.
6. According to zeal pursuing the church, according to the righteousness which is in the law, becoming blameless.
7. But whatever was a gain to me, these things I consider through the Christ, a penalty.
8. But really indeed, I consider all things to be a penalty through the surpassing greatness of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, through Whom I suffered the loss of all things and I consider [them to be] manure, in order that I may gain Christ.
9. And I was found in Him, not having my own righteousness which is in the Law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness from God on faith.
10. To know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, taking on the same form as His death.
11. If perhaps I arrive at the resurrection which is from the dead.
12. Not that I already received or already have been completed, but I pursue if also I may seize, on which also I was taken hold of by Christ Jesus.
13. Brothers, I do not reckon myself to have seized [it], but one thing, those things behind on the one hand I am forgetting, on the other hand I am stretching out toward to those things before me.
14. I am pursuing the goal to the prize of the upward calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15. Therefore as many as are perfect, let us think this, and if anything otherwise you think, even this God will unveil to you.
16. Nevertheless, to that which we attained, let us march to this same [standard].
17. Be imitators of me brothers, and fix your gaze on those walking in this way just as you have us as an example.
18. For many walk, whom I told you many times, but now also I say it crying, the enemies of the cross of Christ.
19. Of whom their end is destruction, of whom their god is their stomach and their glory is their shame, those thinking about earthly things.
20. For our citizenship exists in the heavenlies, from which also we await eagerly our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.
21. Who will rearrange our humble body to be conformed to the body of His glory according to His working to make Him able and to subject to Him all things.