Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1. O foolish Galatians, who cast a spell on you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly announced as crucified?
2. I desire only to learn this from you. Did you receive the Spirit from the works of the Law or from the hearing of faith?
3. Are you so ignorant, having begun in the Spirit, are you now being perfected in the flesh?
4. Did you suffer such things in vain? If indeed even [they were] in vain.
5. Does therefore the One who supplies you His Spirit and the One who works His power among you do so from the works of the Law or from hearing of faith?
6. [It is] just as Abraham believed God and it was reckoned to him to righteousness.
7. May you know then that those who are of faith, these are sons of Abraham.
8. But the scripture foresaw that God justifies the gentiles from faith, preached beforehand to Abraham, "all the gentiles will be blessed in you" (Genesis 12:3).
9. So that those who are from faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10. For as many as are from the works of the Law, are under a curse. For it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not remain in all those things written in the Book of the Law, to do these things" (Deuteronomy 27:26).
11. But because no one is justified by the Law by God clearly, "The righteous will live from faith" (Habakkuk 2:4).
12. But the law is not from faith, but "the one who does these things will live by them" (Leviticus 18:5).
13. Christ redeemed you from the curse of the Law becoming a curse on your behalf because it is written, "Cursed is everyone Who hangs on a tree" (Deuteronomy 21:23).
14. In order that the blessing of Abraham may come to the gentiles in Christ Jesus so that we may receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
15. Brothers, I am speaking according to [the laws] of men. Even though no one annuls or adds anything to a covenant previously ratified by man.
16. But the promises were stated to Abraham and to his seed. It does not say, "and to your seeds." As if [the promises were] to many, but to one, "and to your seed" (Genesis 12:7), Who is Christ.
17. But I say this, a covenant previously ratified by God does not annul the law given 430 years afterwards, it has no effect on the promise.
18. For if the inheritance was from the Law, then it is no longer from the promise. But God has graciously given to Abraham through the promise.
19. What then is the Law? It was added on account of transgressions until his seed might come to whom it was promised, set in place [like a law] through angels via the hand of a Mediator.
20. But the mediator is not [only] for one [party], but God is one.
21. Therefore is the law against the promises of God? May it never be [mh genoita]! For if the law that was given is that which is able to give life, then righteousness may truly be from the Law.
22. But the scripture shut out all things by sin in order that the promise may be given to those who believe from faith of Jesus Christ.
23. But before faith came we were under lock and key under the Law, being shut out to the faith which was about to be unveiled.
24. Just as the Law became our tutor to CHrist in order that we may be declared righteous from faith.
25. But as faith came we are no longer under our tutor.
26. For you all are sons of God through faith in CHrist Jesus.
27. For as many as there are of you who were baptized into Christ, you were clothed with Christ.
28. There is no Jew nor Greek nor is there slave nor free nor is there male and female. For you all are one in Christ Jesus.
29. But if you are of Christ, then you are seeds of Abraham, heirs according to the promise.