Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1. Christ freed us to freedom. Therefore stand [in it] and do not again be ensnared with a yoke of slavery.
2. Behold I paul speak to you because if you be circumcised, Christ profits you nothing.
3. But I testify again to every man circumcised that he is a debtor to do the whole Law.
4. You were loosed from Christ, whoever is justified by the Law, you fell from grace.
5. For we wait patiently in the Spirit from faith, the hope of righteousness.
6. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision [foreskin] has any power, but the faith which works in us through love.
7. You were running well, who hindered you in the truth, that you disobey?
8. The persuasion is not from the one who calls you.
9. A little leaven leavens the whole batch of dough.
10. I am convinced for you in the Lord that you will think no other thing. But the one who is upsetting you, he bears his judgment whomever he may be.
11. But I brothers, if I still am preaching circumcision why am I still being persecuted? At that point the stumbling of the cross would be annulled.
12. I would have it that even those who are upsetting you castrate themselves.
13. For you were called to freedom, brothers, only not to freedom for an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14. For every law is fulfilled in one statement, in this, "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Leviticus 19:18).
15. But if you bite and eat each other up, look out lest you are devoured by one another.
16. But I say, walk in the Spirit and you will not complete the desire of the flesh.
17. For the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit is against the flesh. For these lie against each other so that you don't do whatever things you desire.
18. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.
19. But the works of the flesh are manifest, which are sexual promiscuity, uncleanness, unrestrained living,
20. idolatry, drugs [used in idol worship], hostility, strife, jealousy, rage, self-seeking ambition, dissention, factions,
21. envy [to deprive someone of something], drunkenness, drinking parties and other such things like these, which I warn you now as I warned you because those doing such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23. gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law.
24. But those who are of Christ [Jesus] crucified the flesh along with its passions and desires.
25. If we live by the Spirit, let us move forward in the Spirit.
26. Let us not become vain-glories, provoking one another envying one another.