1. And they went across the sea into the region of Gerasene.****
2. And after He went out from the boat, immediately a man with an unclean spirit came to Him from the tombs.
3. Who had his dwelling among the tombstones and no longer can anyone bind him with a chain.
4. Because often having been bound with fetters and chains, and [he would] tear asunder from him the chains and smash the fetters to pieces. And no one was strong enough to overpower him.***
5. And through the whole night and day among the tombs and in the hills he was crying out and cutting himself with stones.
6. And seeing Jesus from a long way off ran and prostrated himself to Him.***
7. And crying out with a loud voice he says, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High, I appeal to You by God don't torture me."
8. For he was saying to Him, "Unclean spirit come out of the man!"
9. And He answered him, "What is your name?" And he says to Him, "my name is legion because we are many."
10. And he beseeched Him exceedingly in order that He might not send them out of the region.***
11. And there was there at the mountain a large herd of porkers being fed.
12. And they pleaded with Him saying, "Send us into the porkers in order that we may go into them."
13. And He yielded to them and going out the unclean spirits went into the porkers. And the herd rushed down the cliff into the sea, about 2,000. And they drown in the sea.***
14. And those feeding them fled and announced [this] [to those] in the city and [to those] in the fields. And they came to see what had happened.
15. And they come to Jesus and saw the demon-possessed man sitting clothed with a himation and in his right mind, the one who had the legion [of demons] and they feared.***
16. And those who saw described to them how it happened to the demon-possessed guy and concerning the porkers.
17. And they began to plead with Him to leave from their boundaries.***
18. And as He embarked in the boat the [formerly] demon-possessed man pleaded with Him in order that he may go with Him.
19. And He didn't permit him, but says to him, "Go to your house to your own family and declare to them as much as the Lord has done for you and [how] He had mercy on you."
20. And he went away and began to preach in Decapolis as much as Jesus did for him and all marveled.***
21. And as Jesus went over in the boat again across [the other side of the sea] the huge crowd was gathered to Him. And He was beside the sea.
22. And one of the synagogue leaders comes [to Him], whose name is Jairus. And seeing Him, he falls to His feet.
23. And he begs Him exceedingly saying, "My daughter has [it] in the worst way in order that coming, You may place your hands on her that she may be saved and live.
24. And He went away with him. And the huge crowd follows Him and they pushed upon Him.***
25. And there was a woman having a flow of blood for twelve years.***
26. And suffering many things from many doctors and spending all of her property [to this end] and she was not helped at all, but rather she came to be worse.
27. Having heard about Jesus, she came into the crowd from behind and grabbed His himation.***
28. For she was saying, "if I may grab of his himation, I shall be saved."
29. And immediately her flow of blood dried up and she knew in her body that she was healed from her sickness.
30. And immediately Jesus knowing in Himself the power had gone out from Him turned around to the crowd saying, "Who grabbed of my himation?"
31. And His disciples were saying to Him, "You see the crowd pressing on You and you say, "Who grabbed Me?"
32. And He was looking around to see the woman who did this.
33. But the woman was afraid and shaking,having known what happened to her, she came and fell down to Him and spoke to Him the whole truth.
34. And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has saved you. Go in peace and be healthy from your disease."
35. While He was still speaking some from synagogue leader's house came saying, "Your daughter died. Why do you still trouble the Teacher?"
36. But Jesus heard the report being stated and said to the synagogue leader, "Do not fear only believe."
37. And no one went away with Him to follow along except Peter, James and John, the brother of James.
38. And they came into the house of the synagogue leader and saw the noise and those crying and many wailing.***
39. And going in He says to them, "Why are you making noise and crying? The child did not die, but is sleeping."
40. And they laughed at Him. And putting out everyone, He took the father and the mother of the child and those with Him and went into where the child was.
41. And seizing the hand of the child He says to Her, "Talitha koum," which is translated, "Little lady I say to you, get up."
42. And immediately the little lady got up and walks [around]. For she was 12 years old. And they were beside themselves with great entrancement.***
43. And He ordered them greatly that they tell this to no one and He said to give her [something] to eat.