1. "Truly, truly I say to you, the one who does not come in through the door of the gate of the sheep, but climbing over another way. That one is a thief and a pirate.***
2. "And the one coming through the gate is the Shepherd of the sheep."
3. "The Gate-keeper opens [the gate] for Him and His sheep hear His voice and He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out."
4. When all of His own come out, He comes before them and the sheep follow Him because they know His voice."
5. "And they in no way follow another, but they flee from him because they do not know the voice of the others."
6. Jesus said this proverb to them and they did not understand what were the things which He was saying to them.***
7. Therefore Jesus again said, "Truly, truly I say to you that I am the Gate of the sheep."
8. "All of those who came before Me were thieves and pirates, but the sheep did not listen to them."
9. "I am the Gate. Anyone who comes through Me will be saved and he will enter in and he will come out and will find grazing."***
10. "The thief does not come except to steal and rage and destroy. I came that they may have life and that they may have it overflowing."
11. "I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays His life down for the sheep."***
12. "The hired hand not being the shepherd is not the sheep's own. He sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep alone and flees--and the wolf seizes them and scatters [them]."
13. "Because he is the hired hand he also does not care for the sheep as his own."
14. "I am the Good Shepherd and I know My own and My own know me."
15. "Just as the Father knows Me, so also I know the Father and I lay down My life for the sheep."
16. "And I have other sheep whom are not from this pasture. And it is necessary for Me to lead them and they hear my voice and they will become one flock as One Shepherd.***
17. "For this reason the Father loves Me because I lay My life down in order that I may take it up again."
18. "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down by Myself. I have the authority to lay it down and I have authority to take it again. I received this commandment from My Father.
19. There was a division again among the Jews because of these words.
20. And many of them were saying, "He has a demon and He is crazy."
21. But others were saying, "The things He speaks are not those of a demon. A demon is not able to open the eyes of the blind."
22. Then the feast of renovation came about and it was winter.***
23. And Jesus was walking in the Temple in the portico of Solomon.
24. Then the Jews circled around Him and were saying to Him, "How long will you raise our soul*, if you are the Christ, tell us openly."***
25. Jesus answered them, "I told you and you do not believe. THe works which I do in My Father's name, these things bear witness concerning Me."
26. "But you do not believe because you are not from My sheep."
27. "My sheep heed My voice and I know them and they follow Me."
28. "And I give eternal life to them and they will never be destroyed and no one snatches them out of my hand."
29. "My Father Who gave to Me [this authority] is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch [them] out of My Father's hand."***
30. "I and the Father are one."***
31. Again the Jews took up stones in order to stone Him.***
32. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you guys many good works from the Father; for which good work of these do you stone Me?"
33. The Jews answered Him, "We do not stone you for a good work, but for blaspheme because You being a Man make Yourself a god."
34. Jesus answered them, "is it not written in your Law, 'I said, "You are gods."'?"
35. "If He said they are gods to whom the Word of God came, and the scripture is not able to be broken,
36. the Father hallowed and sent into the world, you say about Him, 'you blaspheme because I said, "I am the Son of God."'?"
37. "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe in Me."
38. "But if I do [them], and you do not believe in Me, [at least] believe in the works in order that you may understand and know that the Father is in Me and I am in the Father."
39. Therefore they were seeking again to seize Him and He went out from their hand."
40. And He went away again across the Jordan to the place where John was first baptizing, and He was remaining there.
41. And many came to Him and were saying that on the one hand John made no sign but as much as all things John said concerning Him was true.***
42. And many believed in Him there.