1. And on the first of the week Maria Magdalene comes early to the tomb being yet dark and sees the stone taken from the tomb.
2. Therefore she runs and comes to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved and says to them, "They took the Lord from the tomb and we do not know where they laid Him."
3. Then Peter went out and the other disciple and came to the tomb.
4. And both the two disciples ran. And the other disciple ran ahead quicker than Peter and came first to the tomb.
5. And looking in, he sees the linens lying there nevertheless he didn't go in.***
6. Then also Simon Peter comes following him and went into the tomb and looks upon the linens lying there.
7. And [he sees] the grave cloth which was on His head not lying with the linens, but apart wrapped up in one place.
8. Therefore then also the other disciple came in, the one who came first into the tomb and saw also and believed.
9. For they did not yet understand the scripture that it was necessary for Him to rise from the dead.
10. Therefore the disciples went away again to them.
11. But Maria stood outside at the tomb crying. Then as she cried, she peeped into the tomb.
12. And she looks upon two angels in white sitting. One at His head and one at His feet, where the body of Jesus was lying.
13. And they say to her, "Woman, why do you cry?" She says to them, "They took my Lord and I do not know where they laid Him."
14. She said these things, turning around and sees Jesus standing and did not know that it was Jesus.
15. Jesus says to her, "Woman, why are you crying? Whom do you seek?" She supposing that the gardener is the one who speaks to her, "Lord, if you took Him away, tell me where you placed Him and I will take Him [back]."***
16. Jesus says to her, "Maria!" Turning around she says to Him in Hebrew, "Rabboni!" which means 'teacher.'
17. Jesus says to her, "Do not grab me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, 'I am going up to the My Father and your Father and My God and your God."
18. Maria Magdalene comes proclaiming to the disciples that she saw the Lord and He said these things to her.
19. Then being early on that day on the first of the week and the doors being shut where the disciples were because of fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the middle [of the room] and says to them, "Peace to you."
20. And saying this He showed His hands and His side to them. Then the disciples rejoiced seeing the Lord.
21. Then Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you just as the Father sent me I also send you."
22. And saying this He breathed and says to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit."
23. "If you forgive the sins of some they will be forgiven them, if you lay hold of the sins of any they will be laid hold of.
24. But Thomas, one of the twelve, the one called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25. Then the other disciples were saying to him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "unless I see the mark of the nails on His hands and I put my hand in His side, I will not believe."
26. And after eight days again His disciples were inside and Thomas was with them. Jesus comes [through] the closed doors and stood in the middle of the room and said, "Peace to you."
27. Then He says to Thomas, "bring your finger here and see My hands and bring your hand and put it into My side and don't be unbelieving, but believing!"
28. Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and My God."
29. Jesus says to him, "Because you have seen did you believe Me? Blessed are they not seeing and believing."
30. Then therefore many other signs Jesus did before the disciples which are not written in this book.
31. But these things were written in order that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God and in order that believing you may have life in His name.