1. And going along He saw a blind man from birth.
2. And His disciples were asking Him saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this one or his parents that he was born blind?"
3. Jesus answered, "Neither this one sinned nor his parents, but so that the works of God may be revealed in him."
4. "It is necessary to work the works of the One Who sent me until it is day. When night comes no one is able to work."
5. "When I am in the world, I am the Light of the world."
6. Saying these things, He spit on the earth and made mud out of His spit and smeared His spit on his eyes.
7. And He said to him, "Go away to dip into the pool of Siloam, which is interpreted 'sent'" Therefore he went away and dipped himself and left seeing.
8. Therefore neighbors and those seeing him before that he was a beggar were saying, "Is this not the one sitting and begging?"
9. Some were saying" This is him," others were saying, "No, but his is like him. He [the beggar] was saying, "I am him."
10. Therefore they were saying to him, "How therefore were your eyes opened?"
11. He answered, "The Man who is called Jesus made mude and smeared my eyes and said to me, "Depart to Siloam and dip yourself." Therefore I went away and washing I saw perfectly."
12. And they said to him, "Where is He (Jesus)?" [He said], "I don't know."
13. They led him to the Pharisees, the formerly blind man.
14. And it was the sabbath on the day in which Jesus made the mud and opened his eyes.
15. And again therefore the Pharisees [were] asking him how he saw. And he said to them, "He put mud on my eyes and I was dipped and I see."
16. Therefore some of the Pharisees were saying, "This Man is not from God because He does not keep the sabbath." And others were saying, "How is a Man who is a sinner able to do such signs?" And there was a division among them.
17. Therefore they say to the blind man again, "What do you say concerning Him because He opened your eyes?" And he said, "He is a prophet."
18. Therefore the Jews did not believe about him that he was blind and [then was able to] see until they called his parents of the one who saw.***
19. And they asked them saying, "Is this your son, whom you say that he was born blind? How therefore does he see now?"***
20. Therefore his parent answered him and said, "We know that this is our son and that he was born blind."
21. "But how he now sees we do not know, nor do we know Who opened his eyes. Ask him, he is of age, he will speak concerning himself."
22. His parents said these things because they were afraid of the Jews. For already the Jews agreed anyone [who] confessed Him as the Christ o be put out of the synagogue.***
23. For this reason his parents said, "he is of age, ask him."
24. Therefore they asked the man a second time who was blind and said to him, "Give glory to God; we know that this Man is a sinner."
25. Therefore he answered, "If He is a sinner I do not know. One thing I know is that I was blind, now I see."
26. Therefore they said to him, "What did He do to you? How did hHe open your eyes?"
27. He answered them, "I told you already and did you not listen? Why do you want to hear it again? You don't desire to also become His disciples do you?"***
28. And they reviled him and said, "You are His disciple, but we are the disciples of Moses."***
29. "We know that God has spoken to Moses, but we don't know where this man is from."
30. The man answered and said to them, "For in this is something amazing, that you don't know where He is from and [yet] He opened my eyes."
31. "We know that God doesn't hear sinners, but if anyone is God-honoring and does His will, He hears this one."
32. "It hasn't been heard from the beginning that anyone opened the eyes of a man born blind."
33. "If this One was not from God, He would not be able to do anything."
34. They answered and said to him, "You were born completely in sin and you teach us?" And they threw him outside.
35. Jesus heard that they threw him outside and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of man?"
36. He answered and said, "And Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?"
37. Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him and He is the one speaking with you."
38. And he said, "I believe Lord." And he worshiped Him.
39. And Jesus said, "I came into this world for a judgment, that those not seeing will see and those seeing will be made blind."
40. [Some] of the Pharisees heard these things (those who were with Him) and said to Him, "Are we not also blind?"
41. Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would not have sin, but now you say, "we see" [thus] your sin remains.