1. Therefore just as Jesus knew that the Pharisees heard that Jesus made and baptizes more disciples than John,
2. And indeed Jesus Himself did not baptize, but His disciples,
3. He left Judea and went away again into Galilee.
4. And it was necessary for Him to cross over through Samaria.
5. Therefore He comes into a city of Samaria called Sychar, which borders the region which Jacob gave to Joseph his son.
6. And there was there a spring of Jacob. Therefore Jesus having been wearied from his journey sat down thus beside the spring. It was about 8am.***
7. A woman comes from Samaria to draw out water. Jesus says to her, "Give me a drink."
8. For His disciples went away into town in order to buy food.
9. Therefore the Samaritan woman says to Him, "How You being a Jew ask a drink from me, a woman being a Samaritan. For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans."
10. Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God and Who is the One Who says to you, 'Give me [something] to drink,' you would have asked Him and he would have given to you living water."
11. The woman says to Him, "Lord, you don't have a bucket and the well is deep. Therefore where do You have this living water?"***
12. "You are not greater than our father Jacob, who gave to us [this] well and he Himself drank from it, both his sons and his creatures, are you?"
13. Jesus answered and said to her, "everyone who drinks from this water thirsts again."
14. "But he who drinks from the water which I shall give to him will not thirst ever again, but the water which I shall give to him will become in him a spring of water leaping to eternal life."***
15. The woman says to Him, "Lord, give to me this water, so that I may not thirst, neither come here to draw [water]."
16. He says to her, "Go away, call your husband and come [back] here."
17. The woman answered and said to Him, "I don't have a husband." Jesus says to her, "You spoke rightly, 'I have no husband.'"
18. "For you have had five husbands and he whom you have currently is not your husband, you have spoken this truly."
19. The woman says to him, "Lord, I see that you are a prophet."
20. "Our fathers worshiped in this mountain, and ya'll say that the place where it is necessary to worship is in Jerusalem."
21. "Jesus says to her, "Believe me, woman, that there comes an hour when neither in this mountain nor in Jersusalem will ya'll worship the Father."
22. "Ya'll worship what you do not know. We worship what we know because salvation is from the Jews."***
23. "But there comes an hour and now is currently when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such worshipers as these for Himself."
24. "God is spirit, and it is necessary for those who worship Him to do so in spirit and truth."
25. The woman says to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming, the One called 'Christ,' when That one comes, He will announce to us all things."
26. Jesus says to her, "I am He, the One speaking to you."
27. And at this point His disciples came and marveled that He was speaking with a woman. No one nevertheless said, 'What do You seek?' or 'Why are you speaking with her?'
28. Therefore the woman left her waterpot and went away to the city and says to the men [of the city we assume].
29. "Come, see a man who told me everything I did, This guy isn't the Christ, is He?"
30. They [the men] went away from the city and they came to Him.
31. Meanwhile, the disciples were asking Him saying, "Rabbi, eat."
32. But He said to them, "I have food to eat which ya'll don't know [about]."***
33. Therefore the disciples were saying to one another, "No one brought Him [anything] to eat, did they?"
34. Jesus says to them, "My food is that I might do the will of the One Who sent me and that I may complete His work."
35. "Do you not say, 'there is yet four months and the harvest comes'? Behold I say to you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields that are white to the harvest [already]."***
36. "The one who harvests, already receives his wages and gathers the fruit to eternal life so that the one who sows and the one who harvests may both rejoice."
37. "For in this the word is true that there is one who sows and another who harvest."
38. "I have sent you to harvest what you have not worked for, others have worked and you have gone out into their work."
39. And from that city of Samaritans many believed in Him through the word of the woman testifying, 'He said to me all that I did.'
40. Therefore as the Samaritans came to Him, asking Him to remain with them, and He remained there two days.
41. And they believed a lot more through His word.
42. They were saying also to the woman, "we no longer believe because of your word, but we ourselves have heard and know that This One is truly the Savior of the world."
43. But after two days He went out from there into Galilee.
44. For Jesus Himself testified that a prophet has no honor in His own household.
45. Therefore when He came into Galilee, the Galileans welcomed Him having heard all the things, as much as He did in Jerusalem at the feast (for they also went to the feast).
46. Therefore He went again into Cana of Galilee where He made the water into wine. And there was a certain kingly official whose son was sick in Capernaum.***
47. This one hearing that Jesus has come from Judea into Galilee came away to Him and asked that He may come down and heal his son (for he was about to die).
48. Therefore Jesus said to him, "Unless ya'll see signs and wonders you will not believe."
49. The royal official says to Him, "Lord come down before my child dies."
50. Jesus says to him, "Go, your son lives." The man believed in the word which Jesus spoke and went away.
51. And already as he was going down, his slaves met him saying that his son lives.
52. Therefore he learned the hour from them in which he was better. Therefore they said, "yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him."
53. Therefore the father knew that it was in that hour in which Jesus said to him, "Your son lives" and he believed and his whole household.
54. And again this second sign Jesus did going from Judea into Galilee.