1. And after these things Jesus was walking in Galilee, for He didn't want to walk in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him.
2. And the feast of the Jews, Sukkot was near.***
3. Therefore His brothers were saying to Him, "Pass over from here and depart into Judea so that Your disciples may also see Your works which You do."***
4. "For no one does anything in secret and that thing which he himself seeks to be in the open. If you do these things show Yourself to the world."***
5. For His brothers were not believing in Him.***
6. Therefore Jesus says to them, "My opportunity is not yet here, but your opportunity is always prepared."
7. "The world is not able to hate you, but it hates Me because I testify concerning it, that its deeds are evil."
8. "You go up to the feast. I am not going up to this feast ['at this time' or 'with you'] because my opportunity has not yet been fulfilled."
9. And saying these things, He was remaining in Galilee.
10. But as His brothers went up to the feast, then also He went up not openly, but [as it were] in secret.
11. Therefore the Jews were seeking Him at the feast and were saying, "Where is He?"
12. And there was a lot of murmuring concerning Him among the crowd. Some therefore were saying, "He is a good man," others were saying, "No, but He deceives the crowd."***
13. No one therefore was speaking openly concerning Him because of fear of the Jews.
14. And when it was already in the middle of the feast, Jesus went up into the Temple and was teaching.***
15. Therefore the Jews were marveling saying, "How does this [guy] know the writings having been untaught?"
16. Therefore Jesus answered them and said, "My teaching is not Mine, but from the One Who sent Me."
17. "If anyone desires to do the will of God, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak from myself."
18. "The one who speaks from himself seeks his own glory. But the one who seeks the glory of the one who sends him, this is the true one and there is no unrighteousness in him."***
19. "Did not Moses give you the Law? And not one of you performs the Law. Why do you seek to kill Me?"
20. The crowd answered, "You have a demon. Who seeks to kill you?"***
21. Jesus answered and said to them, "I did one work and all marvel."
22. "For this reason Moses gave to you circumcision--not that it is from Moses, but from the Fathers--and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath."
23. "If a man receives circumcision on the sabbath in order that the Law of Moses may not be broken, [and yet] you are angry with me that I made a man completely well on the Sabbath." ***
24. "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with right judgment."
25. Therefore some from Jerusalem were saying, "is not This the One Whom they are seeking to kill?"***
26. "And behold He is speaking openly and no one is saying [anything] to Him. Do the leaders perhaps truly know that This One is the Christ?"
27. "But we know where This One is from. But when the Christ comes, no one will know where he is from."***
28. Therefore Jesus cried out in the Temple and was saying, "You both know me and know where I am from and I have not come from myself, but He is the True One Who sent Me, Whom you do not know."***
29. "I know Him because I am from Him and That One sent Me."
30. Therefore they were seeking to lay hold of Him and no one laid hands on Him because His hour has not yet come.***
31. But out of the crowd many believed in Him and were saying, "When the Christ comes, [how] will he perform more signs than This One did?" ***
32. The Pharisees heard the things of the murmuring crowd concerning Him and the chief priests and Pharisees sent servants that they may take hold of Him.
33. Therefore Jesus said, "I am with you yet a little longer and I will depart to the One Who sent Me."
34. "You will seek me and you will not find Me, and where I am you will not be able to come."
35. Therefore the Jews were saying to themselves, "Where is This One about to go that we are not able to find Him? Is He about to go into the diaspora of the Greeks and teach the Greeks?"***
36. "What is this word which He said, "You will see Me and you will not find Me" and "where I am you will not be able to come"?
37. And on the last day of the great feast, Jesus stood and cried out saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and let him drink!"***
38. "The one who believes in Me, just as the scripture said, 'rivers from his bosom will flow living water (Proverbs 18:4; Isaiah 58:11)."
39. (But this He said concerning the Spirit Whom those who believed in Him were about to receive. For the Spirit was not yet [given] because Jesus was not yet glorified.)***
40. Therefore some from the crowd hearing these words were saying, "This is truly the Prophet!"***
41. Some were saying, "This is the Christ," but others were saying, "But the Christ doesn't come from Galilee, does he?"***
42. "Did not the scripture say that the Christ was from the seed of David and from Bethlehem of the town where David comes?" (2 Samuel 7:12; Psalm 89:3,4; 1 Samuel 17:12).
43. Therefore there as a division in the crowd concerning Him.
44. And there were some of them desiring to lay hold of Him, but no one laid hands on Him.
45. Therefore the servants came to the chief priests and Pharisees, and they said to them, "For what reason did we [go to] carry Him away?"***
46. The servants answered, "Never did a man speak in this way."
47. Then the Pharisees answered them, "You have not also been deceived, have you?"
48. "No one from the leaders believed in Him or from the Pharisees, have they?"***
49. "But this crowd which doesn't know the Law is cursed."***
50. Nicodemas says to them (the one who came to Him before, being one of them)***
51. "Does not our Law judge a man unless it hears first from Him and knows what He is doing?"
52. They answered and said to him, "Are you also from Galilee? Search and see that a prophet does not arise out of Galilee."***
53. And each went to his own house.***