1. Therefore Jesus went into Bethany six days before Passover, where Lazarus was, whom Jesus raised from the dead.
2. Then they made a feast for Him there. And Martha was serving, and Lazarus, the one who was raised from the dead was with Him.***
3. Then Mary, taking a pound of silver [worth] of quite costly liquid myrrh nard, anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped His feet with her hair. And the household was filled from the smell of the myrrh.***
4. But Judas Iscariot, one of His disciples, the one about to betray Him, says,
5. "why was this myrrh not sold for 300 pieces of silver (denarii) and given to the poor?"
6. But he said this not because it mattered to him, the poor that is, but because he was a thief and having the money box, he'd steal what was thrown in it.***
7. Jesus therefore said, "Leave her alone, in order that she may guard it for the day of my burial preparation."***
8. "For the poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have Me [with you]."
9. Then the large crowd from Judea knew that He is there (in Bethany) and came not because of Jesus alone, but in order that they also may see Lazarus whom He raised from the dead.***
10. And the chief priests took counsel in order that they may kill Lazarus.***
11. Because through this many of the Jews were led and believed in Jesus.***
12. The next day the large crowd went to the feast, hearing that Jesus comes into Jerusalem,
13. They took palm branches from the palm grove and were coming out to meet Him and were crying out,
14. "Hosanna, blessed be the One Who comes in the name of the Lord. The King of Israel."***
15. "Do not fear daughter of Zion, behold your King comes seated on the pup of an ass Zechariah 9:9."
16. These things His disciples did not know at first, but when Jesus was glorified then they remembered that these things happened to Him were written and that [the crowd] did these to Him."***
17. Therefore the crowd witnessed the one who was with Him, that He called Lazarus from the tomb and raised him from the dead.***
18. For this reason the crowd went out to meet him [Lazarus] because they heard He performed this sign.***
19. Then the Pharisees said to one another, "See that you don't assist in this [see note], look, the world is departing after Him." ***
20. But there were some Greeks of those going up [to Jerusalem] in order to worship at the feast.
21. These then went ahead to Philipp, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee and were asking him saying, "Lord, we desire to see Jesus."
22. Philipp comes and tells [it] to Andrew, Andrew and Philipp also tell [it] to Jesus.
23. And Jesus answers them saying, "The hour has come that the Son of man may be glorified."
24. "Truly, truly I say to you unless a seed of grain dies falling into the earth, it remains by itself. But if it dies it will bear much fruit."***
25. "The one who loves his life will destroy it and the one who hates his life in this world will guard it to eternal life."
26. "If anyone serves me, let him follow me and where I am, there also my servant will be. If anyone serves me the Father will honor him."
27. "Now my soul is troubled and what shall I say? Father, save Me from this hour, but for this reason I cam into this hour."
28. "Father, glorify Your name." Then a voice came from heaven, "I have both glorified it and again I will glorify it."
29. Then the crowd standing and hearing were saying, "it was thunder." Others were saying, "An angel talked to Him."***
30. Jesus answered and said, "It was not for Me this voice came but for you."
31. "Now the judgment of this world is [here], now the ruler of this world will be thrown out."
32. "And if I am raised up from the earth, I will draw all men to Myself."***
33. [But this He was saying indicating to what such death He was about to die.]***
34. Then the crowd answered Him, "We have heard from the Law that the Christ will remain forever. How do You say that it is necessary for the Son of man to be lifted up? Who is the Son of man?"***
35. Then Jesus said to them, "The Light is with you for a little time. Walk while you have the Light in order that the darkness may not lay hold of you. And the one who walks in the darkness does not know to what destination he proceeds slowly."***
36. "While you have the Light, believe in the Light that you may be sons of light." These things Jesus said and going away He hid himself from them.***
37. And even though He had performed so great of signs before them, they did not believe in Him.***
38. In order that the word of Isaiah the prophet would be fulfilled which said,
"Lord, who believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? (Isaiah 53:1)"
39. For this reason they are not able to believe because again Isaiah said,
"He has blinded their eyes
and petrified their hearts,
in order that they may not see with their eyes
and may not understand and turn with their hearts,
and I might cure them (Isaiah 6:10)."
41. These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory and was speaking concerning Him.
42. Nevertheless to be sure many from the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing in order that they may not be thrown out of the synagogue.***
43. For they loved the glory/praise of men rather than the glory of God.
44. But Jesus cried out and said, "the one who believes in me does not believe in Me but in the One Who sent Me."
45. "And the one who looks upon Me looks upon the One Who sent me."***
46. "I the Light have come into the world in order that every one who believes in Me does not remain in the darkness."
47. "And if anyone heeds My words and guards them I do not judge him. For I did not come that I might judge the world, but that I might save the world.
48. "The one who refuses Me and does not receive My words has one judging him. The word which I have spoken, that will judge him on the last day."
49. "Because I have not spoken from myself, but [I speak according to] the One Who sent me; the Father Himself has given the command to Me, what I shall say and what I shall speak."
50. "And I know that His command is eternal life. Then that which I speak, just as the Father spoke to me thus I speak.***