Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
1. And Jesus went to the mount of Olives.
2. And just before dawn again He was present [going] into the Temple and all the people came to Him and sitting down He was teaching them.***
3. But the scribes and the Pharisees led in a woman being caught in adultery and standing her in the middle,***
4. they say to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught red-handed committing adultery."***
5. "And in the Law Moses commands us to stone such women, Therefore what do you say?"***
6. (But they were saying this testing Him, that they may have [a reason] to accuse Him. But Jesus stooping down He writes with His finger on the ground.
7. But as they were waiting for Him in their asking, He looked up and said to them, "The person among you who is innocent, let him first throw a stone at her."***
8. And again, looking down, He wrote on the ground.
9. And those hearing [Him] went out one by one those starting from the old men and He was left alone and the woman was in the middle.
10. And Jesus looking up said to her, "Woman, where are they? No one accuses you?"
11. "And she said, "no one Lord." And Jesus said, " do not condemn you, go and from now on, sin no longer."
12. Therefore again Jesus was saying to them saying, "I am the Light of the world. The one who follows me does not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.***
13. Therefore the Pharisees said to Him, "You testify concerning Yourself, Your testimony is not true."
14. Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I testify concerning Myself, my testimony is true because I know from where I came and to where I depart, but you do not know from where I come or to where I depart."
15. "You judge according to the flesh, I do not judge anyone."
16. But if I also judge, my judgment is true because I am not alone, but [in reality it is] I and the Father Who sent Me."
17. "And also in your Law it is written that the testimony of two men is true."***
18. "I am the One Who testifies concerning Myself and the Father testifies concerning Me, the One Who sent Me."***
19. Therefore they were saying to Him, "Where is your Father?" Jesus answered, "You neither know Me, nor My Father. If you knew Me, you would know My Father."
20. These words He was speaking in the treasury teaching in the Temple; and no one laid hands on Him because His hour had not yet come.***
21. Therefore He said again to them, "I am departing and you will seek Me and you will die in your sins. To where I depart you are not able to come."
22. Therefore the Jews were saying, "Does He mean to kill Himself because He says, 'To where I depart you are not able to come'?"
23. And He was saying to them, "You are from down here, I am from up there. You are from this world, I am not from this world."
24. "Therefore I said to you, "you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
25. Therefore they were saying to Him, "Who are you?" Jesus said to them, "What
26. "I Have many things to speak and judge concerning you, but the One Who sent Me is true and those things which I heard from Him, these things I speak to the world."***
27. (They did not know that He was speaking [about] the Father to them. )***
28. Therefore Jesus said to them, "When you see the Son of man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing from Myself, but as the Father taught me these things I speak."***
29. "And the One Who sent Me is with Me and did not leave Me alone because I always do the acceptable things by Him."
30. When He said these things many believed in Him.***
31. Therefore Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed in Him, "If you remain in My word, you are truly my disciples.
32. "And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
33. They answered Him, "We are the seed of Abraham and we have never been enslaved to anyone, how do You say that we will be free?"
34. Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly I say to you that everyone who performs sin is a slave of sin."
35. "But a slave does not remain in the house for ever, the son remains forever."
36. "If therefore the Son may make you free, you will be free indeed."
37. "I know that you are the seed of Abraham, but you seek to kill me because my word does not have room in you."
38. Those things which I have heard from My Father, I speak and therefore what things you heard from the Father, do!"
39. They answered and said to Him, "Our father is Abraham." Jesus says to them, "If you are you are children of Abraham, do the works of Abraham."
40. "But now you seek to kill Me, a Man Who has spoken the truth to you which I heard from God. This Abraham did not do."
41. You do the works of your Father. Therefore they said to Him, "We were not born from from promiscuity, we have one Father, God."
42. Jesus said to them, "If God was your father, you would love Me, for I went out from God and I have come [to you]. For I have not come from Myself, but That One sent Me."
43. "What of My speech do you not understand? Because you are not able to hear My words.
44. "You are from your father, the Devil and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer from the beginning and he does not stand in the truth because the truth is not in him. When he speaks of his own things he speaks a lie because he is a liar and the father of it."
45. "But because I speak the truth you do not believe in me."
46. "Which of you reproves me for sin? If I speak the truth why do you not believe in Me?"
47. The one who is from God hears the words (spoken) of God. For this reason you do not listen because you are not from God.
48. The Jews answered and said to Him, "Do we not speak rightly that You are a Samaritan and You have a demon?"
49. Jesus answered, "I do not have a demon, but I honor My Father and you dishonor Me."
50. "And I do not seek My own glory; [the Father] is the One Who seeks [it] and judges."
51. "Truly, truly I say to you, if anyone keeps My word, he will never see death."
52. The Jews therefore said to Him, "Now we know that you have a demon, Abraham died and [also] the prophets, and you say, 'If anyone keeps My word, he will never taste death.'"
53. "You are not greater than our father Abraham who died, are you? The prophets also died. Who do You make Yourself [to be]?"
54. Jesus answered, "If I shall give glory Myself, My glory is nothing. My Father is the One Who glorifies Me, of Whom you say, 'He is our God.'"
55. "And you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I shall say that I do not know Him, I shall be like ya'll, [I would be] a liar. But I know Him and I keep His word."***
56. "Your Father Abraham rejoiced that he may see My day, he both saw it and was glad."***
57. Therefore the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet 50 years old and you have seen Abraham?"***
58. Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."
59. Therefore they picked up stones that they might throw [them] at Him, but Jesus was hidden and went out from the Temple.