Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
1. And on the third day (relative from the disciples first staying with Him) there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee. And the mother of Jesus was there.
2. And Jesus and His disciples were also invited to the wedding.
3. And when the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus says to Him, "they have no wine."
4. And Jesus says to her, "What do I have to do with you woman? My hour has not yet come."
5. His mother says to the servants, "Whatever he says to you do it."
6. But there were lying there six stone waterpots according to the purification of the Jews, holding two or three measures (18-27 gallons).
7. Jesus says to them, "Fill the water pots with water." And they filed them to the top.
8. And He says to them, "draw some out now and bear it to the head waiter. And they bore it [to him].
9. But as the headwaiter tasted the water which was made into wine and did not know from where it was, but the servants knew, those who drew out the water. The headwaiter calls the bridegroom.
10. And he says to him, "every man first places the good wine out and when [they] are drunk, the lesser wine. You have kept the good wine until now."
11. Jesus did this beginning of His signs in Cana of Galilee and manifested His glory and His disciples believed in Him.
12. After this He went down into Capernaum, He Himself and His mother and His disciples. And His disciples also remained there not many days.
13. And immediately it was the Passover of the Jews and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14. And He found in the Temple those selling oxen and sheep and doves and the money-changers siting down.
15. And making a whip out of cords He drove out everyone from the Temple, both the sheep and the oxen, and He poured out the coins of the money-changers and He turned over their tables.
16. And He said to those selling doves, "Take these things from here, do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise."
17. His disciples remembered that it was written, "The zeal of Your house will eat me all up."
18. Therefore the Jews answered and said to Him, "What sign do you know to us that you do these things?"
19. Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it."
20. Therefore the Jews said, "This Temple was built [over a span of] forty-six years, and You will raise it up in three days?"
21. But He was speaking about the temple of His body.
22. When therefore He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that he was saying this and they believed in the scripture and in the word which Jesus spoke.
23. And when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover feast, many believed in His name, marveling at His signs which He did.
24. But Jesus Himself, did not entrust Himself to them because [of the fact that] He knew all men.
25. And because He had no need that anyone should testify concerning man because He knew what was in man.