Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
1. "These things I have spoken to you that you may not stumble."
2. "They will make you synagogue-less, and the hour comes that the one who kills you will think [it] a service to bear to God."
3. "And they will do these things because they do not know the Father neither [do they know] Me."
4. "But these things I have spoken to you that when the hour of them comes you may call them to remembrance that I spoke [of them] to you. And I did not speak these things from the beginning because I was with you."
5. "But now I depart to the One Who sent Me and no one of you may ask Me, 'Where are you going?'"
6. "But because I have spoken these things to you pain has filled your hearts."
7. "But I am speaking the truth to you, it happens to you that I go away. For if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I shall send Him to you."
8. "And as He comes, He will reprove the world concerning sin and concerning righteousness and concerning judgment."
9. "And concerning sin on the one hand because they do not believe in Me."***
10. "And concerning righteousness on the other hand because I depart to the Father and you will no longer see Me."
11. "And concerning judgment because the ruler of this world has been judged."
12. "I still have many things to speak to you, but you are not able to bear them now."***
13. "But when He comes, the Spirit of Truth, He will lead you into all truth. For He will not speak from Himself, but as much as He hears He will speak and He will announce the things to come for you."
14. "He will glorify Me because He will receive from Me and announce to you."
15. "As much as all things the Father has is Mine. For this reason I said that He receives from Me and will announce to you."***
16. "A little while and you will not longer see Me, and again a little while and you will see Me."
17. Therefore [some] of His disciples said to one another, "What is this which He is saying to us? 'A little while and you will not see Me and again a little while and you will see Me' and 'I depart to the Father'?"
18. Therefore they were saying, "What is this 'little while'? We don't know what He is talking about."
19. "Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him and He said to them, "You are seeking from one another concerning this, that I said, 'A little while and you will not see Me and again a little while and you will see Me'?"
20. "Truly, truly I say to you that you lament and wail, and the world will be glad. You will be pained, but your pain will become joy."***
21. "When a woman is having a baby she has pain because her [labor] started*, but when the child is born, she no longer remembers her affliction because of the joy because a man is born into the world."***
22. "And you therefore now on the one hand have pain, but on the other hand I will see you again and your hearts will be glad and no one will take away your joy from you."
23. "And in that day you will not ask me anything, truly, truly I say to you whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give [it] to you."
24. "Until now you asked nothing in My name, ask and you will receive that your joy may be fulfilled."
25. "These things I have spoken to you in parables. An hour comes when I shall no longer speak to you in parables, but I shall announce to you openly concerning the Father."***
26. "In that day you will ask in My name and I shall say to you, 'I shall ask the Father concerning you.'"
27. "For the Father Himself loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I came from God."
28. "I came from the Father and I have come into the world. Again I leave the world and I go to the Father."***
29. His disciples say, "Behold now You are speaking clearly and You are not speaking a parable at all."
30. "We know now that You know all things and You have no need that anyone may question you. In this we believe that You came from God."
31. "Jesus answered them, "Now you believe?"
32. "Behold, an hour comes and has come in order that you may be scattered, each one to his own and you will leave Me also alone."
33. "I have spoken these things to you in order that you may have peace in Me. You have tribulation in the world, but take heart, I have overcome the world."