Where Classicists and Bible scholars feel right at home
29.40% of NT
0.74% of LXX
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
1. But there was a man of the Pharisees, whose name was Nicodemas, a leader of the Jews.
2. This man came to Him at night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that you have come as a Teacher from God. For no one is able to do these signs which You do, unless God is with [You]."
3. Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly I say to you, unless one is born from above, he is not able to see the kingdom of God."
4. Nicodemas says to Him, "How is a man able to be born being old? He isn't able to enter into the womb of his mother a second time and be born, is he?"
5. Jesus answered, "Truly, truly I say to you, unless one is born from water and spirit, he is not able to enter into the kingdom of God."
6. "That which is born from the flesh is flesh and that which is born from spirit is spirit."
7. "Do not marvel that I said to you [singular], it is necessary for ya'll to be born from above."
8. "The Spirit blows where He wishes and you hear His sound, but you do not know from where He comes and to where He departs." So it is with everyone who is born from the Spirit."
9. Nicodemas answered and said to Him," How can these things be?"
10. Jesus answered and said to him, "You are the Teacher of Israel and you do not know these things?"
11. "Truly, truly, I say to you that we speak what we know and we testify what we have seen and ya'll don't receive our testimony."
12. "If I spoke to ya'll about earthly things and you do not believe, how will ya'll believe if I shall speak about heavenly things?"
13. "And no one has gone up into Heaven but the One Who came out of Heaven, the Son of man."
14. "And just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness so too it is necessary for the Son of man to be lifted up."
15. "In order that every man who believes in Him may have eternal life."
16. "For God thus loved the world so that He gave His only Son in order that every man who believes in Him will not be destroyed but may have eternal life."
17. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but in order that the world may be saved through Him"
18. "The one who believes in Him is not judged, but the one who does not believe already has been judged because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God."
19. "And this is the judgment that light has come into the world and men loved darkness rather than the light. For their deeds were evil."
20. "For every man who does worthless deeds hates the Light and does not come to the Light, that his deeds may accuse him."
21. "But the one who performs the truth comes to the Light so that his deeds may be revealed that they were built up in God."
22. After these things Jesus and His disciples went into the land of Judea and He spent some time there with them and baptized.
23. And John was baptizing in Aenon near Salim because there was a lot of water there and [people] were coming and being baptized.
24. For John had not yet been thrown into prison.
25. Therefore there was an inquiry from among the disciples of John with a Jews (or with Jews) concerning washing.
26. And they came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, He Who was with you beyond the Jordan, of Whom you bore witness, behold He baptizes and everyone comes to Him."
27. John answered and said, "A man is not able to receive anything unless it was given to him from Heaven."
28. "You yourselves were witnesses with respect to me that I said 'I am not the Christ, but that I am the one sent before That one.'"
29. "The one who has the bride is the bridegroom. But the friend of the bridegroom is the one who stands and hears His joy, he rejoices because of the bride of the bridegroom. Therefore this joy of mine is made complete."
30. "It is necessary for That one to increase, but it is necessary for me to decrease."
31. The One who comes from above is over all. The one who is from the earth is from the earth and speaks from the earth. The One coming from Heaven is over all things.
32. "The one who saw and heard bears witness of this, and no one receives his testimony."
33. "The one who receives his testimony set his seal that God is true."***
34. For the One Whom God sent speaks the words of God, for He does not give the Spirit with a limit.***
35. "The Father loves the Son and gave all things into His hand."
36. "The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him."