1. After these things, Jesus went away across the sea of Galilee [into the parts of Tiberias].
2. And the whole crowd was following Him because they were seeing the signs which He did on the sick.
3. And Jesus went up a mountain and there he was settled with His disciples.***
4. And immediately it was Passover, the feast of the Jews.
5. Therefore Jesus lifting up His eyes and seeing that the whole crowd comes to Him, says to Philipp, "Where [should] we buy bread so that these may eat?"
6. But He was saying this testing him. For He Himself knew what He was intending to do.
7. Philipp answered Him, "One hundred denarii for bread would not would not suffice for them, for each one to receive a little bit."
8. One from His disciples, Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter says to Him,
9. "Here is a little child who has five loaves made of barley and two fish, but what are these things among so many such people."***
10. Jesus said, "Make the men recline." And there was a lot of grass in the place. Therefore the men they reclined, the number was about five thousand.
11. Therefore Jesus took the bread and blessing it, He distributed to those sitting and likewise from the fish as much as they desired.
12. And as they were filled, He says to His disciples, "Gather up the pieces left over, so that nothing may be lost."***
13. Therefore they gathered [them] and filled up 12 baskets of leftover fragments from the five loaves made of barley which were left over from those who ate.
14. Therefore the men seeing the sign which He did were saying, "This is truly the Prophet, the One coming into the world."
15. Therefore Jesus knowing that they were intending to come and grab Him in order to make Him king, withdrew again into the mountain by himself.
16. But when evening came, His disciples went down into the sea.
17. And disembarking in the boat they came across the sea to Capernaum. And it was already dark and Jesus did not yet come to them.
18. And the sea was stirred up with a great wind blowing.
19. Therefore rowing about 2.84 or 3.4 miles they saw Jesus walking on the sea. And He came near the boat and they were frightened.***
20. And He says to them, "it is Me, don't be afraid."
21. Therefore they desired to take Him into the boat and immediately the boat was at shore/land from/on which they were departing.
22. On the next day the crowd having situated across the see saw that the other little boat was not there except one and that Jesus didn't go into the boat with His disciples but the disciples went away alone.
23. But the boats came from the parts of Tiberias near the place the Lord gave thanks and they ate the bread.
24. When therefore the crowd saw that Jesus is not there nor His disciples, they embarked into the boats and went into Capernaum seeking Jesus.
25. And finding Him across the sea, they said to Him, "Rabbi, when did you get here?"
26. Jesus answered them and said, "Truly, truly I saw to you, you seek Me not because you saw signs, but because you ate of the bread and were fattened."***
27. "Do not work for the meat which is destroyed but the meat which remains to eternal life, which the Son of man will give to ya'll. For the Father [even] God sealed This One."
28. Therefore they said to Him,"What shall we do in order that we may work the works of God?"
29. Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God that you may believe in He Whom That One sent."
30. Therefore they said to Him, "What sign therefore do you do that we may see and believe in You? What work might you do?"
31. "Our fathers at the manna in the wilderness. Just as it is written, "He gave them bread out of Heaven to eat (Exodus 16:15)."***
32. Therefore Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly I say to you, Moses did not give to you the bread out of Heaven, but My Father gives to you the true bread out of Heaven.
33. "For the bread of God is that which comes down out of Heaven and gives life to the world."
34. Therefore they said to Him, "Lord give to us this bread all the time."
35. Jesus said to them, "I am the Bread of life. The one who comes to Me does not hunger, and the one who believes in Me will never thirst."
36. "But I spoke to you that you have even heard me and you do not believe."
37. "Everything the Father gives to Me will come to me and the thing which comes to Me I do not cast out."***
38. "Because I have come down from Heaven not that I do My will, but the will of the One Who sent Me."
39. "But in this is the will of the One who sent Me, that everything which He has given to Me I will not destroy, but I will raise it on the last day."***
40. "For in this is the will of My Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life and I will raise him on the last day."***
41. Therefore the Jews were murmuring concerning this that He said, "I am the Bread Who comes down out of Heaven."
42. And they were saying, "Is This not Jesus, the Son of Joseph, of Whom we know His father and mother? How now does He say, "I have come down out of Heaven?"
43. Jesus answered and said to them, "Do not murmur with one another."
44. "No one is able to come to Me unless the Father, the One Who sent me draws him, and I will raise him on the last day."
45. "It is written in the prophets, "And they will all be taught of God." Everyone who hears [Me] learning from the Father also comes to Me."
46. "No one has heard the Father except the One Who is from God, This One has heard the Father."
47. "Truly, truly I say to you, the one who believes has eternal life."
48. "I am the Bread of life."
49. "Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness and they died."
50. "This is the bread which comes down out of Heaven so that anyone [who] eats of it may also not die."***
51. "I am the Living Bread which came down out of Heaven. If anyone may eat of this Bread will live forever, and even the Bread which I shall give is My flesh for the life of the world."
52. Therefore the Jews were fighting with one another saying, "How is This guy able to give to us His flesh to eat?"
53. Therefore Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly I say to you unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His blood, you do not have life in yourselves."
54. "The one who nibbles My flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day."***
55. "For My flesh is true meat and My blood is true drink."***
56. "The one who nibbles My flesh and drinks My blood remains in Me and I in him."
57. "Just as the Living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so also the one who nibbles Me that one also will live because of me."
58. "This is the Bread which came down out of Heaven, not like the fathers ate and died. The one who nibbles this Bread will live forever."
59. These things He said in the synagogue teaching in Capernaum.
60. Therefore many hearing from His teaching said, "This is a hard word. Who is able to hear it?"
61. But Jesus knowingly in Himself that His disciples grumble concerning this (He) said to them, "Does this cause you to stumble?"
62. "Therefore if you see the Son of man ascending where He was formerly?"
63. "The spirit is that which gives life, the flesh profits nothing. The words which I have spoken to you are spirit and life."***
64. "But there are some of you who do not believe." (For Jesus knew from the beginning those who do not believe and he who is the one betraying Him.)***
65. And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, 'No one is able to come to Me unless it may be given to him from the Father."
66. From this point many of His disciples went away to other things and no longer were walking with Him.
67. Therefore Jesus said to the twelve, "Don't you also desire to depart?"
68. Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord to whom shall we depart? You have the words of eternal life."***
69. "And we have believed and have known that you are the Holy One of God."
70. Jesus answered them, "did I not choose you twelve? And one of you is a slanderer."***